23 Posts
Partner
Australia

23Posts

37Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

JobKeeper I have aready run payruns through for the APRIL 20 month

The article posted by MYOB on how to set up JobKeeper has an answer for 'What if I have already paid my employees - but STP is lodged the day you pay them.  What happens to that payrun that has been LODGED by STP without the correct coding on it ?  You can't change a category once all processed and lodged.

If I put the start 2 code on the next STP lodgement payrun - will the ATO not include the first payrun lodged in the month ?  There is no clear information on the suport notes about this.  Will people have to reverse lodged payruns and relodge them ? Will I need to delete the payrun done and lodged and redo it with the correct code ?  through STP 

If I put the start 1 code on the second payrun then will the first pays lodged by STP be included ?

I just feel this is such a mess and so stressful and I need clarification that what has already been lodged for April WILL be INCLUDED in Jobkeeper claim?

Also If the fortnights don't match the ATO dates - how does that work for us?

Clover Melville
40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Ultimate User
3,165 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,165Posts

2,262Kudos

437Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: JobKeeper I have aready run payruns through for the APRIL 20 month

Hi @ShieldBooks 

This whole thing is new and instructions and procedures are being developed 'on the run'. 

Some things the ATO has made clear to software developers:

• Employers are not required to change their paydate or paycycle. If your payment date falls in Fortnight 01, then it is a Fortnight 01 payment.
  • With STP, if you report something incorrectly, you can process an Update event. This applied equally to JOBKEEPER. If you have reported something incorrectly, follow MYOB's support note for reporting an Update event. This may require you to delete and re-enter a pay.
  • Employers will have to end of April to make Fortnight 01 and Fortnight 02 payments
  • At present the ATO website does not address JOBKEEPER and STP - this will be updated 'in the next few days'

The important thing is to make the payment on time. How it is reported can be sorted later via an Update event. The other thing that is not at all clear in the Support Note or the ATO web site (as at 16/4/20) is that this MYOB article covers just one of 3 ways employers will have to Notify the ATO of employees they are claiming for. So what you report in STP may only be relevant IF you want to use STP for this purpose. 

To receive JOBKEEPER subsidy, there are 3 steps you must take:

1. You must Apply online on the Business Portal (not via STP) and this will not be available until 20 April 2020
  2. You must notify which employees are eligible and from what fortnight they are eligible. This is what this Support note from MYOB is all about - this 'notification' - it is not a claim. Instead of using STP to 'notify', employers can Notify via the Business Portal from 4 May 2020. In other words there is no need to stress if you do something wrong in STP, simply use another method to 'notify' the ATO who is eligible and when. I hope MYOB make this point clear in their instructions.
  3. You must complete a Monthly Declaration online on the Business Portal.

The only thing the ATO instructions currently cover is to ensure you make the payments for Fortnight 01 and 02 by 30 April. How you report them may be of much less importance. The entire claiming process can be independent of STP. And while the ATO may prefer employers use STP to 'notify' who is eligible and when from, they will have other systems in place to allow you to do this.

Regards

Gavin

Highlighted
Partner
23 Posts
Partner
Australia

23Posts

37Kudos

0Solutions

Well I can hardly wait ! 

But thanks for all the information - I have read all the ATO releases so far and between all the infomation

and the execution fo it al- are many hours of extra work

I understand the code application only goes on once to indicate which fortnight your client is starting their claim from -- I read it as pertaining to each fortnight lodged.  Thanks for lcearing that up - makes more sense.

One good thing about MYOB they always do provide good support and always have done.  In particular to Parnters.   Phone, callback and this is a good idea also.  Their support notes are very easy to follow.

Thankyou 

Clover Melville
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,941 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,941Posts

1,699Kudos

233Solutions

Hi @ShieldBooks 

I am sure you have access to the latest support notes:

COVID 19 Wage Subsidy JobKeeper - MYOB AccountRight Live 

COVID 19 Wage Subsidy JobKeeper - MYOB Essentials 

In the scenario where have already paid your employees in first fortnight ending 12/04/2020 without any JobKeeper categories. 

1. In the next fortnight you add the JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 category.   
  2. If you paid an employee in the first fortnight but not in the second fortnight you need to add a NIL payrun with the JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 category 0.01 cent and 0.01 cent to PAYG Withholding - to make it a NIL payrun.  

Note:  Do not use 02 if you are claiming for the whole of April. 02 would indicate starting in fortnight 2 and therefore only eligible for $1500 per employee not $3000

I hope this helps you a little with the backlog clean up.   I guess the Government, ATO and software providers are trying to set up a new system in a matter of weeks that would normally take some months.

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
https://twopeas.com.au/covid-19-resources/
Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

HI Renar

I hope you can clarify for me.

I pay my staff weekly. I am about to do my 3rd pay run for the month (being in the second fortnight of April.) Do I use the code FN01 for the staff as this code is flagging to the ATO that I have been paying my staff and ATO will send me $3000 in back payments per staff early May? I have been paying my staff snice the beginning of the month in anticipation of the jobkeeper .

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Yes I have the same question?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I have the same issue?????

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

We have processed payroll for this fortnight. 

0130/03/2020 - 12/04/2020JOBKEEPER-START-FN01

As I move to process the 2nd payroll, am I right to understand that we DO NOT need to set up JOBKEEPER-START-FN2?

This is set up ONCE only to identify ATO when do we start?

THanks.

Chin Chua

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
69 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

69Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Below is an excellent example in the "COVID-19 wage subsidy (JobKeeper) payments" article. BUT, my question is:

will the ATO only pay $1500 of JobKeeper in this example, seeing as FN01 is in the 24 Apr payrun? (being the 2nd April pay fortnight)

I think this example will only get $1500 Jobkeeper from the ATO, not $3000

Example: Fortnightly employee owed JobKeeper back pay

You have an employee whose regular fortnightly pay is $1100.

Your business became eligible for JobKeeper from 30 March (1st fortnight of JobKeeper scheme), but you already processed a pay for the employee on 10 April (before you set up AccountRight for JobKeeper). Your next pay is scheduled for 24 April (2nd fortnight of JobKeeper scheme).

You'll need to workout the amount of JobKeeper back pay you owe the employee from the previous pay and add it to their next pay.

So, if you've paid your employee their regular pay of $1100 per fortnight, your next pay will need to include the $400 JobKeeper topup back pay, as well as the $400 they would be getting for this fortnight's JobKeeper topup.

$1100 (regular pay) + $400 (JobKeeper topup backpay) + $400 (JobKeeper topup current pay) = $1900. This will bring their total gross pay to $1900.

This means $800 needs to be recorded against the JOBKEEPER-TOPUP wage category.

And because it's the first JobKeeper pay they're receiving under the scheme, we'll enter $0.01 against the JOBKEEPER-START wage category. To balance the pay, you'll need to increase the PAYG Withholding by 1 cent.

Here's our example:

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,941 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,941Posts

1,699Kudos

233Solutions

Hi @SpectrumPty 

Yes correct you need to use JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 this will flag to the ATO that you have paid all employees in the first fortnight and the Job Keeper will start from the first fortnight and you will be reimbursed $3000 per employee. 

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
https://twopeas.com.au/covid-19-resources/

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post