81 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

81Posts

50Kudos

6Solutions

Re: JobKeeper Payments - Correct Payroll Setup

Thanks @Michaelwilson , I saw this earlier today.  I must admit, the wording of the following confused me.  I'm unsure what the "additional" income is referring to when the staff are permanent part-time and have already been stood down without pay.  I assumed it meant the difference in income between what they had previously been earning and the $750? Or is the "additional" income the $750 cause they are getting $0 in this scenario?  I can feel my brain cells dying......

"It is up to Zahrah whether she wants to pay superannuation on the additional income paid because of the JobKeeper Payment."

Highlighted
Experienced User
27 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

27Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

It's an ambiguous quote indeed.  Maybe they could give us Zahrahs number

"It is up to Zahrah whether she wants to pay superannuation on the additional (?) income paid because of the JobKeeper Payment."

Why can't they say - the Employer must pay the 9.5% Super guarantee on the Jobkeeper payment, or there is NO super payable on the Jobkeeper portion??:?

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi All

You're all pretty much correct in that over $750 you pay super as per normal, under $750 you pay super on hours worked. No employer who qualifies (revenue drop) is going to have the money to pay super on the jobseeker top up amount to $750 so it's probably superfluous comment in the fact sheet example.

My question is... for an employee who works varied hours and less than $750, but receives the govt top up through jobkeeper, how do I set that up in their MYOB employee profile to automatically make the $750 when worked hours amounts vary? Or do I have to do it manually each week?

I hope the query makes sense, thanks

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mark

Makes total sense.  I would like to know the same.  

I would like to create a separate payroll category for JobKeeper payments so staff can see the payroll breakdown on their payslip.  For example, base hours worked and JK payment combined = $750.  I also don't want leave entitlements accruing on JK top-up payments.

It's all seems so hard and labour intensive!

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
81 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

81Posts

50Kudos

6Solutions

Morning all,

MYOB have created guides for the NZ subsidy and are in the process of doing the same for JobKeeper.  I have included links to the NZ version so you can get your head around what has been suggested for that scenario.  I imagine the Aus version will be similar in some aspects.

COVID-19 wage subsidy 

COVID-19 wage subsidy payments - Essentials 

Below is another thread on this.  If you subscribe to this thread (there is a subscribe button at the top right of screen), you should receive notifications for updates when posted.  

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Staffing-and/Leave-Accruals-Jobkeeper-Subsidy/m-p/637920#...

Katrina

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello,

I have set up a separate payroll category called JobKeeper.

We won't have any super to pay, as our employee was already dropped to 0 hours/week. So have made this exempt from super.

The ATO category I selected was Gross Payments - is this correct?

Also, do they accrue annual & personal leave on the $750?

Thank you

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,753 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,753Posts

579Kudos

568Solutions

@PaddoAccounts @M_Moar @KatrinaF @markdavies1 @Shilolilo 

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to let you all know that our team are working on a detailed help article to assist you with recording the Jobkeeper payment in your software. In the meantime we do recommend checking these links for more information:

www.business.gov.au/jobkeeper payment 

www.treasury.gov.au/FactSheet 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Partner
1 Post
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I do not beleive you pay Superannuation on the $750 payment.

Super is only required to be paid if you are paying the employee over the $750 received.

Therefore, if the employee is paid $1000, you are only required to pay super on the $250.

The whole payment is taxable.

You can make a new pay catergory for the $750 income so it is shown differently and have no super payable on that amount.

Cindy Barber BCom
MYOB Certified Consultant
Tax Agent # 2461 9925

Email: returns@toptaxonline.com.au

Ph # 07 3040 2120
Mobile # 0412 331 280
Po Box 767
Earlville QLD 4870

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
81 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

81Posts

50Kudos

6Solutions

Hi Cindy,

I came across this in my quest for info.  I guess it just shows that the only thing we can be certain about is that we need to wait and see the legislation :-)

Have a good weekend,

Katrina

HIA JobKeeper info.png

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post