53 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

53Posts

37Kudos

0Solutions

JobKeeper is flowing

For anyone interested, I received my April backpay of JobKeeper in my account today so the system is officially up and running (for now)

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
81 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

81Posts

32Kudos

2Solutions

Re: JobKeeper is flowing

Brigitte,

out of curiosity, did this come through based on your prior registration and STP or did you also do the ATO portal reporting with T/o  before payment was received?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
53 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

53Posts

37Kudos

0Solutions

I registered through ATO via the business portal on the required dates, then provided my GST turnover for April on Monday.  Had already followed all MYOB instructions (including the early one on processing a payroll with a 1 cent FN 01 wage category) and also registering all eligble employees through the MYOB payroll centre.

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
81 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

81Posts

32Kudos

2Solutions

thank you - I did the same except for the monthly reporting of turnover via portal - still have to do that

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Can you help tell me where I report the April monthly Turnover on the Business Portal?  I normally report GST quarterly.   Do I do it monthly now?  I can't see an outstanding IAS for this reporting.  I report my PAYG monthly and have done this for April.  IS there a special Tab or button to click for this reporting?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
53 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

53Posts

37Kudos

0Solutions

When I went into the portal it looked just like normal but there was a COVID tab up top which took me where I needed to be. You dont have to lodge an activity statement as such, just enter your turnover figures for the month which you can calculate yourself.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks, In the April Turnover, I presume you record the GST FREE sale of Cash Flow Boost payment?  I can see that JobKeeper payments are excluded from May Turnover estimate...

Highlighted
5 Posts
User
Australia
User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Can I ask you in the projected May 20 figure did you put a figure that was already (e.g.30%) reduced or what you would have projected for May 20 before the covid19.  I am confused to what figure I should put.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
115 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

115Posts

42Kudos

1Solutions

I inserted a figure about 10% greater than what I declared for April 2020 as I'm assuming sales will increase over April 2020 but still remain well below what they actually were in May 2019.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

ATO was clear you should be able to support your projected figure, but wont penalise if you do make a mistake or it differs in the end, so I used my current cashflow and revised budget (post COVID19) to estimate the sales for May20-and kept this paperwork.    Another simple calc as others have suggested, is increaseing the April actual Turnover by 10%-as long as you have some thought process to support your figures.  Projected May20 is as it now, not what its was prior to COVID19.  When signing up for JobKeeper you had to estimate your turnover for this period to get to your 30% reduction in turnover to make you eligible(be it for the month or quarter according to BAS), so I think this is what they are comparing to-even if it is only for the purpose as they say, to see the effect of the stimulus package.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post