6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Jobkeeper - Wages already pad

We have currently paid 3 weeks payroll since 30th march. I have only just got the information on how to setup to the payroll for STP notification.  Do I need to go back and redo the payroll for the three weeks????  So confused on this reporting.  

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Jobkeeper - Wages already pad

I dont think so.

The way I read myob's direction is that when you setup the jobkeeper category in payroll make sure you set it up as JOBKEEPER-START-FN01.  This lets the ATO know that you are claiming from the start date, this start date can be advised with the next wages.

When you do next weeks wages just make sure you put 0.01 in this category for each employee and make sure you add the .01 to the withholding tax too to even it out.  

I dont 'think' you need to redo any wages - or at least I am hoping I am correct lol

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,941 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,941Posts

1,699Kudos

233Solutions

Hi @Liv3  and @sueb62 

The previous support note was somewhat different to the new updated one, therefore I reversed all my payroll, followed the new updated instructions very carefully and re-entered the payroll.   I just found it easier and now I am 100% happy it is now correct... others might disagree.   They were small payrolls I am not sure I would want to do this with a large payroll Smiley Frustrated    It will depend on what type of scenario you were paying as well if you need to reverse or not.   

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
https://twopeas.com.au/covid-19-resources/
Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there,

I am in the same situation too, I followed MYOB's previous support note( set up JobKeeper as liability etc.), paid the wages (JobKeeper) then I found that MYOB's latest support note is totally different...

I am goint to delete the previous pay and redo it. Could I ask that whether you declared to ATO via STP straightaway after you done the updated payrun or are you just waiting for the next pay cycle to submit it together?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,941 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,941Posts

1,699Kudos

233Solutions

Hi @RisingStars 

You can reverse or delete the payruns or you can alternatively do the following.  Either way when you submit your next STP declaration all the YTD figures will adjust correctly so you will be fine.

In the scenario where have already paid your employees in first fortnight ending 12/04/2020 without any JobKeeper categories. 

1. In the next fortnight you add the JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 category.   
  2. If you paid an employee in the first fortnight but not in the second fortnight you need to add a NIL payrun with the JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 category 0.01 cent and 0.01 cent to PAYG Withholding - to make it a NIL payrun.  

Note:  Do not use 02 if you are claiming for the whole of April. 02 would indicate starting in fortnight 2 and therefore only eligible for $1500 per employee not $3000

Support notes: 

COVID 19 Wage Subsidy JobKeeper - MYOB AccountRight Live 

COVID 19 Wage Subsidy JobKeeper - MYOB Essentials 

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
https://twopeas.com.au/covid-19-resources/
Highlighted
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, do you know if the ATO looks at the fortnight dates in MYOB or the actual payment date?

Our pay cycles run

20/3/20 - 2/4/20      Paid on 6/4/20. No JobKeeper payments made

3/4/2020 - 16/4/20  To be paid on 20/4/20. will start JobKeeper FN1

17/4/20 - 30/4/20    To be paid 4/5/20

The 2 periods for April are the 3/4/20 - 30/4/20 but the last payment is in May, so technically we haven't physically paid the full $1500 by April 30th.

Should I go back and make the additional Jobkeeper payments on the first pay cycle?

thanks

Leanne

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
735 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

735Posts

364Kudos

112Solutions

This is from the ATO for software providers of Single touch payroll

Payroll cycles
Regardless of the frequency of regular pay cycles or out
of cycle pay periods, or the pay period start and end
dates, the $1,500 per fortnight applies to the paydays
(payment date) within the defined fortnights and from
which fixed fortnight the payment applies. Special rules
apply for payments within the month of April and for
employees receiving monthly pay. Refer to the examples
on Page 2

Please mark as a solution if you find this has assisted you with your enquiry
Paul Bihet MYOB Certified Consultant
(Bookkeeper Support & Training)
MYOB Sales, Installation & Support
B.A.S. Service Provider
Phone (08) 7131 1116
Mobile 0413 313 403
Fax (08) 7200 7715
Email: paul@mysupportman.com.au
Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I am in the same position as you Leanne.

the first fortnight payrun 23.03.20-5.04.20 some employees were paid above the $1500 and others not - do I then go back and top them up?

fortnight 6.04.20-19.04.20 allocate to JOBKEEPER-start-fn01

fortnight20.04.20-3.05.20 will carry on into May

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Does that mean we need to put 0.01 into each pay run in appropriate FN????  - I do two pay runs per fortnight ???

thanks

Highlighted
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Renae

I have processed my first jobkeeper payroll in April without JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 code. So if I run my next pay in April and use the JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 code, a bit of a silly question but for my 3rd Jobkeeper pay run which code do I use.

How does the ATO know that  the first payroll that I ran in April was for jobkeeper?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post