Jobkeeper extension 1 ATO Portal does not match MYOB STP Summary Report for October

JoJo_S
1 Post
User

1Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Jobkeeper extension 1 ATO Portal does not match MYOB STP Summary Report for October

Hello,

I am having a problem lodging my October Jobkeeper Declaration.

We have an employee that has been receiving Jobkeeper since FN9.

His details show up on the MYOB STP Jobkeeper Summary Report but when I log on to the ATO Business Portal to lodge the October Declaration he does not appear to be listed with the Number of Eligible Employees with Payment Tiers. 

When i go into "Maintain Empoyees" He does appear on the list -  his option of Tier 1 shows - but under Jobkeeper Status - it does not show " Fortnight 14-15" as it does with the other employees.

I have tried re-selecting his information in MYOB STP and sending again by Notifying the ATO.

I have also tried running a Zero Pay for him - as this has worked previously.

I have read this morning from Tax and Super Australia that may people have had problems with their declaratioin data not matching STP .. 

Is anyone else experiencing problems with their declaration and can anyone suggest how I might fix this problem.

Thank you - Jo

17 REPLIES 17
debmac
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Jobkeeper 2.0 ATO Portal does not match MYOB STP Summary Report for October

Hi Jo

Am having the exact same issue - just one employee who we have been claiming for from the beginning and now appears as "not claiming yet" on declaration. 

I hope someone has the solution, but in the meantime will resubmit via reporting centre and see what happens

thanks

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
7,015 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,015Posts

931Kudos

1,141Solutions

Hi @JoJo_S and @debmac 

We are seeing some reports on this happening to other users, at this stage it does appear to be on the ATO side but to confirm it's not MYOB can I get you to do the following:

1. process a $0 pay for the problem employee(s) with payment date as today
  2. wait until that report has the status accepted in the Reports tab
  3. click on the ellipsis (...) button and select Download report
  4. check the fortnight and tier notifications on that report

If the fortnight and tier notifications are correct then your software is sending the correct information to the ATO. You will need to speak to the ATO about why the portal is incorrect.

Please do let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Chonie92
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

I am having the same issue and am a week into trying to fix it.

I completed the $0 pay run as advised without any luck. The ATO suggested completing a $0 pay run with the FN dates but could not confirm the process of doing it ie, remove the end dates they have on record, put in the 2.0 start date or original date.

Just like the others above my MYOB JK Summary report is correct but ATO does not reflect. In addition it seems that the ATO has reandomly chosen 7 of our employees who were never eligible nor claimed for JobKeeper and requires me to select a Tier for them. 

We only have until the 12th to lodge so MYOB and ATO need to sort this out amongst themselves as both parties are sending us users back to eachother. I beleive it is an ATO fault but it is up to MYOB to correct as a matter of urgency. The call centre at MYOB requested that I add this to the post. I have spoken to the JK assistance and the STP assistance and there is NO understanding nor movement on rectifying why MYOB (which is correct) is not matching ATO.

I have written my query on another thread, perhaps you should combine both considering time is of the essence. The correction needs to be done through STP (not manually) and we need a work around quickly - trying to get JK payments after the due date is painful.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
7,015 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,015Posts

931Kudos

1,141Solutions

Hi @Chonie92 

I have responded to you on your post here: JobKeeper not reflected to ATO

As mentioned in that post, we are receiving reports from other users that the ATO business portal is showing the incorrect information. I do recommend that you follow my steps on this post and on your post to confirm that your software is sending the correct information to the ATO.

If your software is sending the correct you will need to speak to the ATO about why the portal is incorrect.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ash-CPoA
2 Posts
User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I had the same issue and I followed the steps mentioned above. It showed me that MYOB was generating correct info.     

However, ATO could not be any less helpful. I was told to do an "update event" which can take up to 3 days to reflect changes. When I told them I had already done that on Thursday, I was then told to wait for another 3 days "just in case". 

Smiley Sad 

Chonie92
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Same with me, did an update on Monday, processed weekly payroll Wednesday and still nothing.

Waiting for a call from ATO now. 

Chonie92
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

UPDATE: ATO Response and Work around

Short answer - you need to call the ATO and request an escalation for the STP team to call you to manually correct the errors.

ATO have confirmed that the information MYOB is sending them is what is glitching and have had reports that the software has been sending clients full employee list (ie, only 50 JK and MYOB sent through over 1000 employees for JK even though the JobKeeper Portal & Summary were correct with only 50).

The information I received was:-

For every employee being claimed for JK sent from the STP software to the ATO they need to see a start date code (FN etc) and the Tier Code (JK-Tier etc) and if they are a top up employee then they need the Top Up Code.

If the employee finishes mid way they have a JK Finish Code.

The ATO expect to see only one of these codes for each employee and if you have amended your codes (adding or removing) over time this is what is causing the Glitch. I discussed the error that I and many others had of adding an end date and the MYOB work around which fixed this issue but they said it has now caused another due to the numerous start and end dates which are causing this issue.

This explains the issues with the 'not claiming yet' and 'Tiers' not being correct. There is no work around call the ATO.

I was told that this will continue being a problem until the MYOB data is corrected (STP Pay Event).

The second issue of 'random' employees whom are now on the ATO JK list (my software sent 2 employees who finished up with us in March - no where near the JK start) can only be put down to the information MYOB is sending the ATO. I ran a YTD report and there was not even an FN start Code on these employees but now the ATO are saying they will remain there until the STP software advise them on an end date. It has only been OCTOBER JK month where (terminated & current ineligible) employees without any FN reference have now been added to my JK list. 

FYI this is going to happen next month until such time as the STP reporting sent to the ATO is corrected.

I trust that MYOB will look into this otherwise I will need to call the ATO each month to manually enter my JK declaration.

Just passing on the information I received, Good Luck all

Ash-CPoA
2 Posts
User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you. I followed your advise and called ATO again. Rather than asking them what they can do to help, I told them that they will need to manually correct the employee records not showing in the eligibility list.     

Lucky for me, it was only 4 employees. They said had it been a high number, they would need it done through STP. 

Whole thing took about 30 minutes to finish on the phone. Shame I spent last week waiting for the MYOB update event to sort this out.      

I hope MYOB does the required update for next month's declaration. 

debmac
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Chonie92 for your detailed Update.  I called the ATO and have had the employee added and have now been able to lodge the declaration.

Such a shame to have spent so much time to resolve this, hopefully MYOB will action and all will be well for November Declaration

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post