Jobkeeper extension 1 ATO Portal does not match MYOB STP Summary Report for October

SueR1
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Jobkeeper 2.0 ATO Portal does not match MYOB STP Summary Report for October

Ok so I have had the same problem and have been trying to fix since last Thursday.   I phoned MYOB and told them that my Tier 1 is showing on the ATO portal for a number of our employees, but showing 'Not Claiming Yet'.  All these employees have received Jobkeeper from FN01.  I was told the go to the Payroll Reporting and show the final jobkeeper date as FINISH FN01 & send report to ATO.  Then to go back & start them all again at FN14, which I did.  My MYOB  Jobkeeper summary report shows all employees as eligible for FN14 & FN15.  I phoned the ATO & they told me that this needs to be fixed using my STP through MYOB and to wait 72 hours.

Checked the ATO Portal again on Tuesday (yesterday) and still no change.  I phoned our Accountant who advised us to go to Payroll Reporting and tick everyone eligible for Tier 1 again and send report again.  Checked with the ATO Portal again today & still no change.  I have also done a '0' payrun for all affected employees and sent to the ATO. I have checked the Reports Tab & clicked on the ellipsis button and downloaded the report.  It shows STARTFN01, FINISHFN01 & STARTFN14 for all employees. I am getting concerned now, because reading what other people are saying it looks like there is a glitch between MYOB & the ATO and that you can call ATO to ask them to manually fix this problem but it looks like we have too many employees and they will again refer us back to MYOB.  I am going to check the ATO portal again tomorrow & hope that something has changed.  This is certainly not good enough when we are following all the correct procedures in implementing the Jobkeeper eligible employees but a glitch between MYOB & ATO is causing this problem.  This is out of our control.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
7,029 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,029Posts

934Kudos

1,144Solutions

Hi @SueR1 @Chonie92 and @debmac 

We are aware that the ATO are currently investigating a number of issues with JobKeeper. They do not know at present what the issues are being caused by but these have priority. We will update you when we have more information from the ATO.

In the meantime, we do recommend making sure that your reports are showing the correct fortnight and tier information. If so, the software is sending the correct data and you will need to contact the ATO with regard to the business portal.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MariaC
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re Jobkeeper 2.0 ATO Portal does not match MYOB

I have read the solution to getting the transfer of wage details using the "0" pay option for jobkeeper.  I am having the same problem.  However I did note that last quarter (Jobkeeper Extension 1) it did not record the holiday pays made in advance over Christmas consequently it only recording fortnights 18 and 19 and told the ATO there was no tier for fortnight 20.  I was able to explain this to the ATO and they manually changed this.  Please note that putting in "0" pays did not fix the issue as suggested by MYOB. 

Going forward I note that on the MYOB reporting page, underf the column "final jobkeeper fortnight" it is only listing the emplolyee's fortnights as ending fortnight 20.  I have tried manually changing the fortnight to 26 and then submitting this information via the "notify the ATO"  button to see if this fixes the issues I am having but it does not.  I note it reverts back to fortnight 20 for this section when I go back to the MYOB reporting page.  ATO is still only showing a Tier  one for the employee to fortnight 19.  Mine is a very small business and this money means a great deal to me.  I cannot afford to loose it.  Can you please assist?

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
7,029 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,029Posts

934Kudos

1,144Solutions

Hi @MariaC 

My advice on this post to process a $0 pay was simply to create a current STP report, not that the $0 pay would correct the problem. The current STP report could then be used to show the ATO that the software is sending the correct information. As advised, this was an ATO issue which has been since been resolved.

With regard to fortnight 20, the JobKeeper summary report in the Payroll reporting centre is for your reference only, it is not actually sent to the ATO. The individual pays are sent to the ATO at the time of processing and the ATO portal then determines which jobkeeper month a pay is allocated to. As such, fortnight 20 would have been included in the December claim in the ATO portal.

To cancel an incorrect finish fortnight you need to notify the matching start fortnight as per the ATO's instructions:

Incorrect finish FN (earlier) – if an earlier finish fortnight is incorrectly reported, cancel this entry via a matching start fortnight (cancel via matching start/finish fortnights) and report an additional later finish fortnight.

This means that if you need to remove FINISH-FN20 you need to notify START-FN20 to cancel out that notification. To check which fortnights have been notified go to the EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis (...) for the employee and select Download report. In that Summary of payments report under Allowances, check that the correct fortnights have been notified.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MariaC
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Just following up on your advices as to the start finish dates to see if I can get a Tier one recorded for wages for the fortnights 21 and 22.  I ran the EOFY report and clicked on the ellipsis.  The result was that I found ujder allowances a number of jobkeeper categories:

OTHER JOBKEEPER START FN01

OTHER (JK TIER 1)

OTHER JOBKEEPER FINISH FN26

OTHER JOBKEEPER FINISH FN20

OTHER JOBKEEPER FINISH FN20

OTHER JOBKEEPER FINISH FN21

OTHER JOBKEEPER START FN18

I am not sure how I came to have so many categories showing although I do know that the ATO fixed up my eligibility and Tier 1 for fortnight 20.

For instance, looking at the fortnights listed above, which is the final date the ATO and MYOB would be recognising as my last notified date?  When I go to the reporting page it still only comes up with - Starting  FN01 and the Finishing Column shows FN21.  If I were to treat my problem as an incorrect finish date, do I need to put in FN21 in the start column and FN21 in the finishing date column and send to ato and then reenter start FN21 and a finish date of FN26?  Hope you can help.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
7,029 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,029Posts

934Kudos

1,144Solutions

Hi @MariaC 

The ATO take the earliest finish fortnight as the correct one, We will assume the earliest finish fortnight is relevant where no unmatched start fortnight is reported. Based on that information you've provided, you've notified the ATO that your employees finished JobKeeper in FN20.

If your employees have not finished then your problem is an incorrect finish fortnight and you need to cancel those notifications by sending matching start fortnights. You will need to cancel out all incorrect finish fortnights, so if FN20 and FN21 are incorrect, send START-FN20 and START-FN21 with FINISH-FN26. 

There are limits to the corrections that can be made so only send the required notifications. The ATO portal takes up to 3 business days to update so wait until that has updated before trying to do any further corrections.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

sunil808
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

In addition it seems that the ATO has reandomly chosen 7 of our employees who were never eligible nor claimed for JobKeeper and requires me to select a Tier for them.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
7,029 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,029Posts

934Kudos

1,144Solutions

Hi @sunil808 

Run the Sumamry of payments report (Payroll reporting centre>>EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis and download the report) for those 7 employees. If that report is not showing any JobKeeper notifications then you will need to contact the ATO.

If there are JobKeeper notifications please let me know what they are so that I can assist.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post