Leave Accruals - Jobkeeper Subsidy

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Harley21
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Leave Accruals - Jobkeeper Subsidy

Hi,

I have read the information sheet Jobkeeper payments:AccountRight. It makes sense to me, however, you have not dealt with how to deal with leave accruals? Also, these payments from the government are going to be backdated to 30 March. We have one pay on 1 April that will be included. How do we deal with the pays that have already been done where we have not used the Jobkeeper wage category? We need more detail on this ASAP as have a pay due next week and need to make sure we are getting it all right. 

Thanks

Shilolilo
Experienced User
29 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

29Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

JobKeeper

Hi,

I have a weekly payroll and it ran Wednesday passed with no inclusion of Jobkeeper as MYOB were holding back their instructions until legislation had passed.  I would have loved this info on Wednesday.

So next payrun I should pay 1500 JobKeeper, but due to public holidays our guys won't make that much, whereas last week they earnt around $1600, next week might only be around $800-$1000.  How do I pay $1500 JobKeeper next week? Can I redo last weeks payroll?

I don't want the guys to have to wait a month for the next payment.

Justine4000
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

Thank you for the link to set up JobKeeper. I understand from the link that to receive the payment all normal wages up to $1500 must be recorded as JobKeeper / Jobkeeper (excl Super) however I want to know how you add leave accrual like sick leave, holiday leave and long service leave on the JobKeeper payment for someone who has actually worked those hours?  Do we have to enter this manually as mine is usually calculated on an hourly rate where as JobKeeper is recorded as Salary.  My payrun is on Tuesday 14th April, very soon.  I would appreciate some help. 

Thank you.

feredayles
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Tracy,

I am the same as Harley21 but cannot exempt the accruals (Holiday & Loading, Personal & LSL) as unlike super it will not accept the exemption due to the accruals coming under salary and not wages? My Payroll is also fortnightly with last period ending Sunday 1st March.

Regards,

Les

feredayles
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Tracy,

Re my previous post, my last payroll period was 5th April not 1st March sorry. With the JobKeeper payment being applicable from 30th March that last week needs the adjustment.

Regards,

Les 

feredayles
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Tracy,

I have just set up as detailed and did a dummy pay.

Both the JobKeeper and JobKeeper (Excl. Super) do not accrue any accruals (A/L, P/L or LSL).

That is fine for the (excl. Super) category but for the JobKeeper category this amount is what the employee has earned, (less than $1,500 for those under and receiving the top up and $1,500 for those over the JobKeeper amount who recieve their balance in ordinary pay that does attract the accruals. The entry in the JobKeeper category currently attracts only super it needs to attract the accruals also as the amount entred here is the employees earnings or part of their earnings for the hours they have worked. 

Regards,

Les 

Clooki
Partner
5 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I have set up separate payroll categories for Job Keeper - Work, Job Keeper - Top Up and Job Keeper - Above

As many of my clients run payroll that the hours worked at normal Base Hourly Wage do not equal $750 weekly or $1500 Fortnightly and as super is only paid as per hours worked, I found this the best way to accrue appropriate super.  

But as AL, Sick & LSL entitlments are accrued on employees normal hours prior to Job Keeper, I have put appliable hours next to Base Hourly eg: 38 but niled out dollar value

Then went into Superannuation and exempted everything except for Job Keeper - Work and Job Keeper - Above

Then went into each entitlement category and made exempt everything except Base Hourly

Now accuals basicly calculate on their own

Will admitt having a bit of a problem with super right now, hence why I started to read everyones feeds. But hope this helps you

terry2
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yes very helpful on how to set up Jobkeeper in account right ,,However the link to how to set up in myob essentials did not open.

terry2

Polly919
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @terry2 

Due to changes in ATO, the previously advised method from MYOB needed to be updated and we are awaiting this new method to move forward :-)

mnsi
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I believe you pay the top up amount as an allowance called  Jobkeeper Allowance or similar (which is set up with no super or leave entitlements accruing) any amounts worked are still paid as work and still accrue entitlements as usual.  Tax applies on both

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post