will payroll software be updated with JobKeeper functionality?

Highlighted
Partner
2,131 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,131Posts

1,595Kudos

420Solutions

Re: will payroll software be updated with JobKeeper functionality?

Hi @LLHb 

The ATO document you are referring to is a general document that is designed to apply generally to all payroll software and can be very confusing.

For this reason, MYOB have published their step by step instructions that are specific to their software products.  Both current versions of the MYOB products, Essentials and AccountRight can be used to participate in the JobKeeper scheme.

For Essentials:

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ea/COVID-19+wage+subsidy+%28JobKeeper%29+payments

For AccountRight:

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/COVID-19+wage+subsidy+%28JobKeeper%29+payments

Please review which ever document is relevant to the software you are using.

Regards,

AlanT

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution.
If you found it helpful, please click the thumbs up.
Highlighted
Partner
2,131 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,131Posts

1,595Kudos

420Solutions

Hi @JuanR 

Hmmmmmm.

I just clicked on it and to seemed to work fine?  Did you get an error message?

It seems that MYOB are constatntly updating that page, so perhaps try again. 

Alan

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, 

I am using MYOB Essentials, do I need to creat new payroll wage (allowance) categories? If so, how to do that?

Regards,

FFI

Highlighted
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

20Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hello

I am using STP in AccountEdge 18.5 - do you have a set of instructions to set up the JobKeeper info for my eligible employees please?

Thanks

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
71 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

71Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

I have a question @AlanT , which may not be your area, but why isnt the software updated for JobKeeper? Why arent new categories/allowances set up for us? 

Why do we have to do it??

A client of mine is using a free online STP payroll system, by the start of business Wed 15 Apr, their site had been updated with the new categories, allowances and a simple tick box to "start JK payments" in a pay run.

It looked very simple to me. Would like to know why Myob wouldnt offer this to its paying subscribers.

Highlighted
Partner
2,131 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,131Posts

1,595Kudos

420Solutions

Hi @DTull 

**Disclaimer**

I don't work for MYOB, but have 30 years of software development and training experiance.  I am aware of some of the other payroll packages and use one other, but I am not an expert with all of them.

I suspect that the packages you are referring to have their categories pre-defined and fixed within the software so that when a new category is required it has to be done by the team who write the software.  This can be seen as an advantage when rolling out a blanket change as it only needs to be done once for every payroll that has been setup.

The downside of this methodology is that the design may not be as flexible to allow each user to have their own customised setup.

The MYOB AccountRight product is more flexible allowing you to have your own configuration as well as allowing the user to host the data file on their local PC or their private network.  It would not be possible to reconfigure these data files automatically to support changes required to the data file.  It also means that you would have to wait for MYOB to release the new version of the software, you would need to down load it and then complete the upgrade.

Regards,

AlanT

Highlighted
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @AlanT,

Do you have a work around for pays that have already been processed that we would like to claim back from the ATO?  IE last fortnights pay that has been processed on the 6th proir to the new payroll categories being created.

Do I need to reverse them and reprocess them?

Thanks 

Justin

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the replies, but the main poit i guess here is this one where they state we can ehave easier way to do teh reporting if our system is update with a jobkeeper functionality - i awesoming electronic messaging, which by the looks of the rplies - MYOB is not?

• Directly into your STP enabled payroll software if it is updated with JobKeeper functionality.

Highlighted
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Following on from my previous question i propose the following solution.

Process a pay with

$0.01 JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 

-$0.01 PAYG Withholding

$0.00 Net pay

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
71 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

71Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks @AlanT yes I sensed you didnt work for Myob. I wonder if anyone from Myob ever reads these?

Yes definately an advantage for a blanket change such as this, only needs to be done once etc. IMO we dont need flexibility in this instance of a Govt initiative where the ATO have set the configeration requirements. They are the same for every employer who is eligible for it. They should be auto/default categories.

Essentials is web based. Surely that can be configured (like finally accruing LSL), and I dont buy the "wait for MYOB to release new software" argument... if a free payroll product can do it in 24 hours, surely the resources of Myob can get it done in both Essentials and AccountRight.

Thanks again

Darren

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post