MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Change a tax code

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
JohnnyRocket
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
JohnnyRocket
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Change a tax code

AccountRight Plus 2018.2.1

I have entered a transaction that needs it's tax code changed from N-T to FRE.  This is a reconciled transaction from a couple of months ago.  The year is unlocked (setup->preferences->security), however I'm unable to make any changes.  This includes comments on invoices written last month, bascially anything before this financial year is 'locked'.  The blue arrows are grey.

Not sure if this make any sense, but any help would be apprecaited.  Never come across this before.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,034 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11034Posts

1251Kudos

1555Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Change a tax code

HI @JohnnyRocket

When the financial year rolls over, it locks down the previous financial year and prevents any changes to the transactions in the previous year. If there was a transaction that was incorrect in the closed financial year it couldn’t be corrected in that closed year, you would instead need to correct it in the current year through a reversing entry or a journal entry.

Alternatively, you would need to restore a backup from before the financial year was closed and make the correction, followed by entering in any missing transactions

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JohnnyRocket
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
JohnnyRocket
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Change a tax code

Thanks Neil,

Looks like the year was closed and then rolled back.  No way to make even the most innocent change unless I restore a backup Smiley Sad

Thanks for your response.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post