MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Employee Superannuation payment without Base Wage

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Magpie256
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Magpie256
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Employee Superannuation payment without Base Wage

I need to create a payment summary for a reportable super payment made at the end of June.  There weren't any wages, just reportable super.  When I try to enter that as a transaction, MYOB wants to  void the transaction as it has zero in wages.  Our MYOB Payroll runs separately to our accounting.

Any way around it without having to enter a base wage?  The accountant wants it to be reportable, additional company super, not salary sacrifice, but that's the only way I can see to do it

Deb
2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Dave-P
372 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Dave-P
MYOB Moderator

372Posts

69Kudos

55Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Employee Superannuation payment without Base Wage

Hi @Magpie256

AccountRight will display a warning when it detects no base category being used during a pay run, you can click ok to this and it will allow you to proceed. The pay will update the superannuation category you have created with the value you have entered on the pay run.

I would also suggest taking a backup before processing this just to be safe. 

The Payment summaries pull data from the Pay History window of the employees' card file. If there is $0.00 against the Base hourly/Base salary wage categories for YTD, the program deems the employee has not been paid and will not produce payment summaries as a result. 

In this scenario, you will need to do the following;

1. Record a pay for that employee for $1
  2. Record another pay for the same employee for -$1

This will trick AccountRight into thinking the employee has been paid a wage and should allow you to complete the payment summaries. 

Please let me know how you go. 

Cheers,
David P
MYOB Moderator Team
Experienced Cover User Magpie256
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Magpie256
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Employee Superannuation payment without Base Wage

That worked, despite the error message saying it was going to void the transaction due to the Base wage being zero.  I clicked OK to void the transaction and it went through any way.  Thanks for the heads up on the $1 and -$1

Deb
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post