End of Financial Year Rollover

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SharRoberts
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

End of Financial Year Rollover

My client is using Accountright Plus AU 2018.2.1 and needs to rollover the 2017 financial year. After I have backed up and get the to 2nd stage where you set the last month of the next financial year, the drop down box only gives me Jan, Feb, March, April, May and December. There is no June. I am a BAS agent and have never come across this before. Their previous financial years have always been July - June.

Thanks.

Sharon

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,807 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,807Posts

1,387Kudos

1,673Solutions

Re: End of Financial Year Rollover

HI @SharRoberts

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource

In some rare cases the file can forget to display all of the available months in the Last Month of the Financial Year drop down. In these cases, if the last month isn’t going to change at all, then I recommend backing the file up before closing the financial year.

Once the backups successfully taken then you can go through the process of closing the financial year. If the last month wasn’t to be changed, even though the drop-down field shows as blank, you can proceed and complete the rollover. This should force AccountRight to complete the rollover and retain the currently selected last month of June

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
SharRoberts
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

Sorry for the late reply. I have still not resolved the issue. When I back up and go to roll over the financial year it isnt blank and still gives me the same few months excluding June. I believe it may be a result of when I set up MYOB, the company start trading in December, so the conversion month was December 2016 even though the financial year was 1/7/2016 - 30/6/2017. I really need to get is resolved so I can do their current BAS.

Thanks.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,807 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,807Posts

1,387Kudos

1,673Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @SharRoberts

As mentioned in my previous post, if the last month in the financial year isn’t changing then you can back the file up by going to File >> Backup and then go through the Close a Financial Year process. Just before the confirmation the closing of the financial year the new dates of the year will be displayed and it should be correct

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

SharRoberts
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil, have did what you said and it worked. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post