End of Financial Year and Rollover

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Bates
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

End of Financial Year and Rollover

I know that once I rollover the company file - all the data gets purged!  Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the data being purged?  You used to be able to in the old MYOB Smiley Sad  

I'm also aware that keeping the data means the company file gets bigger and bigger but we are only a small company - 2 employees and no payroll so that's not an issue.

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Stuart_W
811 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

811Posts

142Kudos

0Solutions

Re: End of Financial Year and Rollover

Hi @Bates

Can I start by asking what version you are using? In the classic version, apart from the option to “K3ep closed transactions from prior financial years” we don’t have a lot of options when rolling over the company file. Our help note for End of year rollover and transaction purging explains the rollover and purging process in more detail. Please note in the AccountRight Live version we don’t have any purging at all, and database sizes are equally if not more compact than in Classic (especially AccountRight Standard v19).

If you have any specific questions after reading the above help note, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,

Stuart W
MYOB Client Support
Bates
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for responding.

I'm using MYOB AccountRight Live version 2018.2.0

So you're saying that if I rollover the company file I will have access to all data currently stored within the company file?

I always get a nervous at rollover time - I haven't done it for a couple of years now simply because I don't want to lose access to data that from time to time I need to check back on - I know I could look it up by accessing a backup but its just quicker not to have to do that.  If you see what I mean Smiley Happy

Thanks Stuart

MYOB Moderator Stuart_W
811 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

811Posts

142Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Bates

Yep, in AccountRight Live there is no transaction purging, so all data in the file at the time of rollover is kept after going to the new Financial Year. Please note though the same restrictions apply with rolling over, in that you cannot delete or change a transaction in a previous financial year. Rolling over is perfectly fine, just make sure to make a backup before rolling over. 

If you need any further help at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,

Stuart W
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate Partner IanChait
1,016 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,016Posts

729Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Stuart_W

Does that mean that you will always be able to open a transaction in a previous year?

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,187 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,187Posts

1,013Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @IanChait

That is correct, as there is no transaction purging as @Stuart_W mentioned, this will allow Users to be able to open and view the full transaction detail recorded in 2018 or previous Live releases.

You can also use the Account Transactions reports to be able to view this data as the Balance Sheet & Profit & Loss, as you know, can only work on previous, current & next financial year data.

I hope this clarifies the situation, please let us know if you have any questions on this.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post