General Ledger transaction in Profit and Loss or Balance Sheet

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
0lly0ash52
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

General Ledger transaction in Profit and Loss or Balance Sheet

I have a transaction that appears in the general ledger detail (both the debit and credit are correct) but the transaction is not reflected in the reports (Profit and loss or Balance Sheet). AccountRight product. How do I fix this? Can I rebuild the reports

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,723 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,723Posts

4,372Kudos

0Solutions

Re: General Ledger transaction in Profit and Loss or Balance Sheet

Hi @0lly0ash52 

Firstly, I would take a step back and review the accounts involved in that particular transaction. Depending on the accounts involved in the transaction will depend on what report(s) it would appear. For example, if the accounts involved in the transaction are income, expense or cost sales account only the value will appear in the Profit and Loss. If the accounts involved in the transaction are assets, liability or equity account only the values will appear in the Balance Sheet.

Once you have identified what accounts are appearing you can then look into that report. If the value should be appearing on the Profit and Loss I would be running it for that single date comparing it to the General ledger Details/Account Transactions report for the same date. If it should be appearing in the Balance Sheet, you would be looking at comparing the account balance of that account with that of that General Ledger Detail report.

If you are still experiencing that situation we would need to see a copy of the transaction, one of the General Ledger detail report showing that period and account along with a copy of the relevant report not showing that value listed. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post