How do you make adjustments to a Finalisation when the year has been rolled over?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CashKat
Trusted Cover User
91 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

91Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How do you make adjustments to a Finalisation when the year has been rolled over?

The file was rolled over so a new pay run could be done.

Finalisation has been done. Turns out there was an error and a reversed and relodge didn't happen and it's short filed the wages in the finalisation. I have been told I need to do another $0 pay run to push the figures across again.

Payroll Register is all correct, so it's purely a reporting issue.

Normally I'd work off the back up file but I can't....because it's not logged in.

How do I fix this?

7 REPLIES 7
Maxine_BC
849 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

849Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Re: How do you make adjustments to a Finalisation when the year has been rolled over?

Hey @CashKat,

Thanks for your question.

If you are needing to make changes after a finalisation, you can reverse it by following the steps on this help article- End of year finalisation with STP reporting. After completing this, you can make the changes that you need and then finalise the relevant employees again.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to post again if you still have questions.

**If this response has been useful, please click the "Accept As Solution" button to help other users find this information.**

Cheers,
Maxine

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CashKat
Trusted Cover User
91 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

91Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Re: How do you make adjustments to a Finalisation when the year has been rolled over?

After completing this, you can make the changes that you need and then finalise the relevant employees again.

My issue is with completeing the adjustments required to then refinalise. I understand the finalisation process.

How do I push through STP adjustments using a backup of the file in question? It's not online...it's a back up

Maxine_BC
849 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

849Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Hey @CashKat,

If you have already made the changes you are wanting, you can just Complete a $0 pay run to pull the new figures across to the ATO (you can do this as normal from a back up, even if it is offline).

I hope this helps you answers your question, please let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
Maxine

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

CashKat
Trusted Cover User
91 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

91Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

I don't think you're listening to me Maxine.

HOW do I push through a $0 pay run on a back up of a file, because it errors and tells me if can't because it's not online.

Maxine_BC
849 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

849Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hey @CashKat,

Apologies if I have misunderstood, I am trying to rule out all possibilities for this error as usually you are able to do this even if the file is offline.

Can you please send me a Private Message with the following details so I can look into this further for you:

Note- Please provide these details from the backup you are using.

• Serial Number:
  • Company File ID (Help> About MYOB AccountRight) :
  • Email address being used for STP reporting:
  • A screenshot of the error message you are seeing

Talk soon.

Cheers,
Maxine

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

CashKat
Trusted Cover User
91 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

91Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Thank you Maxine.

I tried this on Monday and I received an error. When I spoke with my partner manager they seemed as confused as I was as to how to deal with a file offline. So I assumed it couldn't be done as easily as I thought it should be.

I've just gone in to the backup and tried again and I was able to use the STP side of things. I've lodged a $0 pay run and the figures are all correct now.

Thank you for your help. It's been a rough week or two for me, so I can only imagine how rough it's been for you guys at MYOB

Thanks.

Maxine_BC
849 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

849Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Hey @CashKat,

I am very pleased that this has all been resolved for you. EOFY can ofcourse be a stressful time of year. I am happy to have been able to help you out, and I really appreciate your patience.

Have a nice afternoon.

Cheers,
Maxine

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post