Mary008
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to share previous financial year MYOB files among a few users

Dear Sir

Before we move to the cloud verson of MYOB, we used to save  a copy of the MYOB file (eg FY 2017/18) in a Synology NAS server before we close the financial year 2017/18.  In this way, all staff can open the 2018 file and view the transactions from this back up copy.

Now that we change to cloud version, I don't know where to save the back up file and named it 17/18 before I close the financial year.  If I save it in my local library, other users can see it.  I can't save it in our Synology NAS server (according to the information from the "Help").  Please advise.

Mary

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11582Posts

1332Kudos

1630Solutions

Re: How to share previous financial year MYOB files among a few users

Hi @Mary008 

If you are simply storing the backup to be retrieved at a later date this can be stored anywhere. In contrast if you are restoring the back up to refer back to it then it will need to be stored in one of the libraries accessible in AccountRight 201X.

Within AccountRight 201X there are 3 sorts of libraries, the local library which is  confined to that computer, the online library which stores the file online and accessible by anyone through the software with an internet connection and an invited email address, and a network library.

Network libraries are created through the AccountRight 201X server edition and as such need to be installed on a full computer, not a NAS drive.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Mary008
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Mary008
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

Thanks for your reply.  If I store the file online, do I need to pay another annual fee for this backup file for FY 17/18?

Mary

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11582Posts

1332Kudos

1630Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

HI @Mary008 

You would need a subscription for each different unique file that you want to store online. Note that if the file already exists online, and you try and restore a backup of that file online it will overwrite the existing online file as this is two instances of the same file in the eyes of the cloud server.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post