MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Payment Summary Verification Report vs ACtivity summary

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User ddsant1
6 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
ddsant1
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payment Summary Verification Report vs ACtivity summary

Hello,

It is my first time to process the payment summaries.

The register summary report and activity summary report for our company matches. I’ve checked the gross amounts of all employees in the payment summary window against the amounts in the activity summary report.

The amount on the verification report is $7,075 less than the total gross amount on the activity summary. I know that the $7000 is for salary sacrifice. I do not know why is there a 75 variance.

It’s a minimal difference but I’m curious if that’s ok? And why is there a variance?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate Partner IanChait
998 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
IanChait
Ultimate Partner

998Posts

719Kudos

184Solutions

Re: Payment Summary Verification Report vs ACtivity summary

Hi @ddsant1

It sounds like you have not ticked all the Payroll Categories for Gross Wages in the Payment Summary wizard. Print the Payroll Categoreis > Payroll Summary Report. This shows you all the Categories that have amounts allocated against them. Also, if you have Salary Sacrifice amounts, the Gross on the Verfication Report will be less than the Activity Summary by the Sacrificed amounts.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,519 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4519Posts

3266Kudos

714Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Payment Summary Verification Report vs ACtivity summary

@ddsant1 @IanChait

Keep in mind that MYOB clips Gross Payments - they are not rounded. To comform to ATO requirement that cents not be reported MYOB only reports whole dollar amounts. In theory this can lead to a difference of $0.99 per employee but you would need a fairly large payroll to get to $75. Total your cents on the Activity Summary -subtract that from the $75. Try running the Payroll category report for the year.   It will be long, but there may be one category that is a once off and that was not ticked under Gross Wages

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post