Australia
CTL
Trusted Partner

142Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP amounts are wrong even though all payroll reports balance

STP is beyond a joke.  The payroll Register and Activity Summary reports both balance and I checked using "Prepare Payment Summaries" which also matched exactly with the register and activity reports.  I processed a $0 payroll and sent it to the ATO via STP but the EOFY Finalisation still does not match.  To get this point I had to untick the box in card files for inactive employees and delete their termination dates.  One of the employees on my list is showing $20k less in STP than the payroll reports!

How am I supposed to close out the payroll so I can process payroll for 2019/20 when MYOB is reporting STP incorrectly?  I note that there are hundreds, maybe thousands of people with the same issue.  Can't we just lodge an EMDUPE file with the ATO which is an accurate, reliable source of information?  We have been using STP since 1/7/18 so one would assume that 12 months would be enough time for MYOB to get it right, surely?

4 REPLIES 4
Partner belindahowie
4 Posts
Partner
Australia
belindahowie

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP amounts are wrong even though all payroll reports balance

I had a similar issue. I ran the EOPY the old way and lodged the empdupe file. I wont finalise FY19 STP as the data is wrong.

Trusted Partner CTL
142 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
CTL
Trusted Partner

142Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

I attempted that but got to where you save as PDF's then MYOB had an error and needed to close so I couldn't even download the EMDUPE file.Smiley Mad

Trusted Partner CTL
142 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
CTL
Trusted Partner

142Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

I received an email "did you get the answer you need?"  No, I haven't had a reply from anyone at MYOB regarding this issue.  The problem seems to be with the salary sacrifice superannuation amount showing zero on the STP report.  As previously mentioned, I have processed $0 payroll (twice now - should I go for third time lucky?) but it is still showing the wrong amounts on the reports.  

What do I need to do to get this sorted out?  @Haydes can you help me please. @Steven_M can you help me please.  

Ultimate Cover User bungy15
1,027 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1027Posts

830Kudos

185Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @CTL 

If processing $0 pays hasn’t fixed your problem I’d say there’s something wrong with the salary sacrifice category. Check that it has been assigned the correct ato reporting category. If it is set up correctly, try changing the reporting category, then go straight back in and change it back to the correct category.  I’m thinking that if there’s a glitch in that category, making a change might ‘unglitch’ it. 

Let me know how you go

Tracey

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post