MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Year-End Adjustments showing in reports regardless

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Partner SIMS
11 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
SIMS
Experienced Partner

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Year-End Adjustments showing in reports regardless

Not sure if this is something i just never noticed or has just started happening. When i run, P&L reports and other reports year-end transactions are caputred regardless of whats selected under display transactions. I've checked everyting, transactions have been ticked as year-end but no mater what i do my reports always contain year-end movements.

Any help out there?

Mark

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,875 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29875Posts

3663Kudos

4382Solutions

Re: Year-End Adjustments showing in reports regardless

Hi @SIMS

When you display the Accounts>>Profit and Loss report, go to the Filters tab and change the Display Transactions to be: Exclude Year-End Adjustments. It would be showing All (Year-end transactions and non year-end transactions) by default.  

After making that change select to Run Report, this will exclude those year-end transactions from the report.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Partner SIMS
11 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
SIMS
Experienced Partner

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @Steven_M. So this is the process i follow but no matter how i set the display transaction in the report filter i get year-end transactions. I've confirmed that the transactions I’m trying to exclude are marked as year-end transactions as well.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,875 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29875Posts

3663Kudos

4382Solutions

Hi @SIMS

Can you indicate what report you are running to run - you mentioned the Profit and Loss report, was that the Job Profit and Loss OR the "standard" Profit and Loss?

The reason for asking is that we are aware of a situation that will affect the Job Profit and Loss report in which despite the filters the report will always include those year-end adjustments. The "standard" Profit and Loss report will not be affected by that. That particular issue with the Job Profit and Loss report has been reported to the required team for further investigation for a future update.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Experienced Partner SIMS
11 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
SIMS
Experienced Partner

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @Steven_M, yes we use the job profit and loss report. Any ideas on how far away a resolution may be/when this was first reported? Its become a time consuming issue to weed out yearend transactions across a large portfolio of projects given you can filter the standard P&L report.

Any workaround that doesn't include manhandling data in excel would be appreciated.

Mark

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,875 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29875Posts

3663Kudos

4382Solutions

Hi @SIMS

At this stage, we don't have a timeframe for when that particular situation will be corrected, However, it has been lodged with the team for further investigation for a future release.

The only workaround that I could think of would be to run the Job Activity [Detail] report and filter that to only be for Year-End Adjustments only. You would then to deduct these values from the Job Profit and Loss values (I would be doing in Excel) to show that job profit and loss without year-end amounts.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post