13 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

2 Payment summaries in My Gov

Hi. I'm using the latest version of account Right live.

My payroll reports all balane with the STP verification reports.

I have at least 2 clients that their employees have receieved 2 payment summaries in Mygov.

one is right, the other I have no idea where it came from and how to fix it.

HELP

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
997 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

997Posts

76Kudos

97Solutions

Re: 2 Payment summaries in My Gov

Hi @Bertbunny 

Thank you for your post. 

Can I please confirm if the payment summaries for each employee is showing as a double-up, thus displaying the exact same information on both documents? Or is the data completely different for each payment summary? 

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Partner
13 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks. One is correct say $44k

the 2nd is for about $8k and I have no idea how it transferred to MyGov and no idea how to remove it.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
997 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

997Posts

76Kudos

97Solutions

Hi @Bertbunny 

Thank you for your response.

I have confirmed with the team that the best course of action is to contact the ATO directly to determine where the second payment summary had come from. The ATO will be best to help you resolve this matter.

Please let me know how you get on, and if I can help with any other queries.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
13 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I have contacted the ATO and they said I must have lodge to.

HOW?

One is correct.

the other appears to be from 1.7.2019 to 23/08/2019.

My Verification reports agree with my payroll reports.

I have no idea how to get rid of the 2nd one from the employee individual MYGov accounts

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
997 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

997Posts

76Kudos

97Solutions

Hi @Bertbunny 

Thank you for your response. 

The reason you are seeing 2 payment summaries in MyGov is because someone has lodged that secondary (incorrect payment summary) to the ATO. What you will need to do is check the employment portal and MyGov to see where that lodgement had come from and at what date. Hopefully by checking that information you can determine exactly when and by who this second payment summary had come from. 

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Ultimate User
3,186 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,186Posts

2,271Kudos

442Solutions

Hi @Bertbunny 

Each STP software has its own Software ID - this appears on the Income Statement in the MyGov. Get hold of a copy of both and examine.

Usually this is caused by lodging an STP report using software X in Aug 2019, and after that lodging STP reports using software Y - this may not have been you, it may have been the employer or a bookkeeper working for the employer. 

The solution is to identify the original software (X) in this case and using that same software to lodge an Update event resetting all amounts to $0. This will not remove the 2nd income statement, however it will reduce the income and tax to $0.

Or you could simply tell the employees to remove the incorrect Income Statement from their actual tax return. The Income Statements are initially pre-filled to the income tax return, however it is up the employee to delete or add or correct any errors to ensure the tax return itself is correct.

Regards

Gavin

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
13 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Gav. I now know what happened.

Initially MYOB allowed STP On Account Right files which did not have a Sub. They changed it from 1.9.2019 and clients had to pay a sub and update to the Live accounts.

Does not explain how the Jul & Aug figures were sent to the ATO. I did not finalise them in the old version.

So I guess I will have to tell my client's employees to delete the 2nd one or zero it.

Your software tip was what triggered my memory. Thanks again mate.

Cheers

Bert

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, I am having a similar issue with an employee that has 2 identical payment summaries received from me (the bookkeeper). This was picked up when he lodged his tax return with CPA. The CPA sent me a screen shot of two summaries, 1 I had lodged with the EMPDUDPE file throught the ATO portal and the other from the STP sync... The CPA is refusing to lodge his tax return until the duplicate summary is removed. How do I do this as I followed the MYOB procedure and now have this issue?

Highlighted
Ultimate User
3,186 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,186Posts

2,271Kudos

442Solutions

Hi @Oceana 

Your situation is different and likely caused by lodging the EMPDUPE file. When you say you followed MYOB procedures, it seems you followed 2 procedures, one for STP and one for Payment Summaries and EMPDUPE file. The idea is to do one or the other, not both.

Once you start reporting via STP, you do not lodge an EMPDUPE file for those same employees.

STP replaces payment summaries and EMPDUPE files. Each time you lodge an STP report is the same as sending a payment summary and EMPDUPE file to the ATO.

The way to correct is to reset all YTD amounts to zero. You can do this via STP (complicated) however the ATO would prefer you did this via an Amended EMPDUPE file. Problem is MYOB does not allow an amended payment summary with Zero amounts - or it didn't last time I tried. You will likely need to use software such as EMPDUPE Maker. This allows you to load all data from your lodged EMPDUPE file, set all amounts to zero for each employee and set the Amended Indicator. Once that amended EMPDUPE file is lodged, all the amounts in the earlier payment summaries will be set to zero.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post