Partner
Australia
Partner

49Posts

6Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

2020FY Payment Summaries

Client has rolled over the MYOB file without issuing group certificates.

I have created a new MYOB file with the intention of just using it to print payment summaries and imported the employees card details.

Created 1 payslip f or each employee which shows the gross amount and PAYG withheld for the whole of 2020FY, dated 30/6/2020.

At the review payment summaries screen, no information pops up, no records at all.

Can someone advise why this isnt working? Is it because I need to activate the file? I have tried but it wont allow 2 activations/2 data files...

Kiki Dedes
Dedes Consulting | Improving your business
http://www.dedesconsulting.com.au
2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,439 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,439Posts

5,356Kudos

5,809Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: 2020FY Payment Summaries

Hi @kikidedes 

A change was made with AccountRight 2020.2 to allow payroll transactions to be recorded in payroll years without the need to close the payroll year. As part of that process, new company files have a defined payroll year that is now hidden by the company file. To my understanding and testing, that is actually a default based on the version i.e. AccountRight 2020.3 has a default payroll year of 2021. This does mean that despite entering those transactions into the 2020 payroll year, as the default payroll year is set to be 2021, the Payment Summaries window will display no information (as its reporting on 2021 payroll years values).  You can probably see this is the case, by viewing the Pay history section of those employee's card and it would not show value if you selected to Show the Pay History for the Year to Date, as its reporting on 2021 payroll years (same as the Payment Summaries).

If you are needing to produce a payment summary in a new company file for 2020, I would recommend using AccountRight 2020.1. This version will allow the user to set the payroll year (and financial year).  If you do require an installer for AccountRight 2020.1 one can be found on our Product Downloads pageNote: An AccountRight 2020.2 or 2020.3 company file is not able to be downgraded to a lower version such as AccountRight 2020.1

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

kikidedes
Partner
49 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner