38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

AR2020.3 File Size / optimisation

My file size did not appear to reduce in size post closing my FY. Is there a process to reduce file size ?

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,282 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,282Posts

5,333Kudos

5,782Solutions

Re: AR2020.3 File Size / optimisation

Hi @CFY 

Currently, AccountRight 2020.3 doesn't offer a purge or optimise function. This does mean that when a financial year is closed that the user would not see a significant change to the file size after completing that task.

Note: There is currently no ways to reduce file size at present. It may be something that we do look at adding in the future, however, no immediate plans for it at this time.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CFY
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven,

so i can assume that the file size is irrelevant these days with the current version ?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,282 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,282Posts

5,333Kudos

5,782Solutions

Hi @CFY 

In theory, the updated database structure of the AccountRight 2020 can better handle larger database sizes.  Although, in practice, we do find that clients with a smaller company file size do have a better experience with the AccountRight 2020 range.

If you do have a larger company file (>1.5GB), you may want to consider closing off that file and starting a new company file with opening balances from that older file. For example, set a date to get the account, customer and supplier balances as at and then enter that information into a new company file through the Easy Setup Assistant or Setup>>Opening Balances. Alternatively, you may have outgrown AccountRight and MYOB Advanced may be better suited to your needs. Note: MYOB Advanced while offering larger customisation is a part of our bigger business product range and thus is catered for larger businesses.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post