All Gross Payments not pulling through in EOFY Finalisation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
EL1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

All Gross Payments not pulling through in EOFY Finalisation

Hi guys,

I finalised all our employees EOFY gross payments, sent it to ATO and downloaded payment summaries. I also saved the empdupe (I know you don't have to anymore). They were all correct. I've logged in 2 weeks later and closed Financial payroll year 2020.

When I've checked the payroll center and the gross payments for the staff now it has changed. It is only pulling through about half of their wages. The amounts are now incorrect and I had to unfinalise them with the ATO incase they went to do their tax and it was wrong in MyGov.

Did anyone else have this issue. I can't seem to rectify it! I've checked all my payroll categories and run a $0 payslip. Still no change.

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,166Posts

736Kudos

807Solutions

Re: All Gross Payments not pulling through in EOFY Finalisation

Hi @EL1 

Thanks for your post. To start I'd like to check a couple of things with you:

1. what version of AccountRight are you using, you can find this in Help>>About MYOB AccountRight>>Build
  2. did you close the financial year or the payroll year? 
  3. before finalising your employees in the EOFY finalisation tab did you reconcile the YTD verification report
  4. where are you seeing the gross payments are incorrect, eg, the EOFY finalisation tab or the YTD verification report

Please do let me know so that I can assist you.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

EL1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

It's 2020.2.2

I have only closed the payroll year.

I didn't press any reconcile tab, however it was all originally correct and gross payments had pulled through. I had checked the YTD Report and it WAS correct so i finalised it.

We have two companies and I have done the same for both. Only one has this issue. I'm guessing it's something to do with JobKeeper. As I don;t have it on the other company file.

I have found another thread where there are 20 other people talking of the same issue, it hasn't been resolved yet. I assume it will be a myob bug to fix?

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,166Posts

736Kudos

807Solutions

Hi @EL1 

Thanks for providing that information. The reason I asked about the version you are using is that in 2020.2 the ability to close the payroll year has been removed. The software now does this for you. If you have closed a year in 2020.2, it will be the financial year which should not be closed until the accountant has lodged tax returns and provided end-of-year adjustments. Can you please go to Setup>>Company Information and check the Current Financial Year of your file?

With regard to reconciling the YTD verification report, I meant checking it against your MYOB reports to make sure they are the same. Sorry for the confusion there. 

AS per the ATO instructions, JobKeeper needs to be reported as an Allowance, not as Gross payments. So if the gross payments in the EOFY finalisation tab are not including JobKeeper, then that is correct. Please check the YTD verification report, the Gross payments plus Allowances should match the gross payments in your Payroll Activity and Register reports.

AccountRight 2020.2 is now available 

STP and JobKeeper

Please let me know how you are going with this.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

EL1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

I closed the payroll year before I updated to the latest version. 

My current financial year is 2020.

As I said in my original post. 

Everything was fine and finalised on the 29th June.

Now it is not pulling all the gross information through and I've had to unfinalise with the ATO. 

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,166Posts

736Kudos

807Solutions

Hi @EL1 

Thanks for clarifying the version and financial year. When you say Now it is not pulling all the gross information through, where are you seeing the incorrect amounts? Is it the YTD verification report or the amounts in the EOFY finalisation tab? It is the YTD verification report that is sent to the ATO so you need to make sure that it has the correct amounts. 

Please do let me know exactly where you are seeing those incorrect amounts so that I can better assist.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post