1 Post
Partner
Australia
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Are PAYG payment summaries required if I didnt use STP for full financial year

Hi There,  Just a bit stuck.  I registered for STP and started reporting 1st September 2019.  I now notice that the STP Verification report doesnt have the correct figure due to the 2 months of not reporting, but I am running the latest version of accountright 2020.2 and lost the ability to prepare PAYG payment summaries for those 2 months.  Am I missing something?? Any advice appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,077 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,077Posts

5,032Kudos

5,423Solutions

Re: Are PAYG payment summaries required if I didnt use STP for full financial year

Hi @AllisonK 

Prior to reporting payroll reporting, how did you record your pays to your employees? Ideally, you should have recorded these as payroll transactions in the company file. By doing that the employees will have that information in their pay history, which in turn will be reported through to the ATO when doing your first pay after registering for STP.

In terms of answering your direct question, generally speaking, if you have been filing via Payroll Reporting/STP you are not required to produce payment summaries for your employees.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post