Balance sheet out of balance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ebeswick
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Balance sheet out of balance

My EOFY June 20 balance sheet is out of balance by approximately $200k.  It shows net assets as $1,319,579 and total equity of $1,519,972.  I don't understand how this can even occur - is it something to do with the rollover process?

If someone can please assist me with this that would be great as we are currently trying to finalise our EOFY audit.

Many thanks,

Ed

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,148Posts

5,447Kudos

5,932Solutions

Re: Balance sheet out of balance

Hi @ebeswick 

What version of the software are you using? This can be checked via Help>>About AccountRight.

If you are using AccountRight 20xx, on the Balance Sheet do you have an Equity account called "Historical Balancing account"? If you have that account, does the balance of that account within that Balance Sheet have the same balance as that of the out of balance? If so, do complete the following steps:

1. Take a backup of the company file -  File>>Backup
  2. Once that backup has been taken, navigate to the Setup>>Balances>>Account Opening Balances
  3. Choose an account in the list that does have zero balance
  4. Add a $1.00 balance to that account before select OK
  5. Complete Step 2 and 4 again, this time removing that $1.00 balance from the chosen account
  6. Re-run the Balance Sheet, does it balance?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post