Double and triple ups of Withdrawals and Deposits

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KatieJ2
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Double and triple ups of Withdrawals and Deposits

Good morning,

We are doing our end of the year and have run into some issues with the reconciliation of withdrawals and deposits.

Is it a known error that there is a glitch, for example- we have two withdrawals on the bank statement however that amount as a withdrawal has appeared in MYOB bank feeds 4 times. There are only two, not 4, so if this is a known glitch- how do we remove them without disrupting the EOFY end of year practices.

This has happened across deposits and withdrawals so we have to see it an a glitch.

Kind regards,

Katie

4 REPLIES 4
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,599Kudos

1,907Solutions

Re: Double and triple ups of Withdrawals and Deposits

Hi @KatieJ2 

Generally speaking if you had one transaction coming through on the bank feeds, and a corresponding transaction entered into the file you would need to match the transaction on the bank feeds to the one in your file, as opposed to allocating it to an invoice.

If the allocate option was used, this creates another copy of the transaction within your file. In terms of resolving this you would need to start by undoing the allocation, before deleting the duplicate allocation transaction. This will leave one copy of the transaction which can be matched to the bank feeds transaction

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KatieJ2
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your response. 

I think the issue is within the bank feeds themselves, for example, when allocating I noticed 5 of the same amount- even before I had attempted to allocate them, I remember this distinctly as our bookkeeper brought it up-so they are occurring even before the allocation has taken place.

Of course, at the time I didn't have access to the bank statements so just assumed there were 5 payments- when in fact there were only 3. If we just delete as you have mentioned, this won't throw out the journals or anything else will it- so deleting the actual payment/withdrawal and the allocated account?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Katie

Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,370 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,370Posts

1,599Kudos

1,907Solutions

Hi @KatieJ2 

The method outlined in my previous post was specifically for if you had a bank feed transaction that had come into the file and instead of matching it to a previously entered transaction, it was allocated to an account. This allocation creates a second copy of the transaction inside the file.  

If you were getting multiple copies of the bank feed transactions coming through on the bank feeds window, the previously outlined method will not impact these duplicated transactions that have come through on the bank feeds.

In terms of the duplicates I’d recommend sending an email to bankfeeds@myob.com with a copy of your bank statement showing the two transactions along with your serial number and ask the team to investigate why there are multiple copies of the transactions coming through.

Note that we do recommend ensuring that any confidential information such as the first 12 digits of a credit card number are redacted for your privacy

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KatieJ2
Experienced User
34 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

34Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Neil, we will get in touch with the bank feeds team with a copy of our statement as something is not marrying up.

Appreciate the reply once again,

Katie

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post