EOFY STP - Variance between Payroll Activity, Payroll Register, EOFY Verification

Highlighted
Experienced User
28 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

28Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

EOFY STP - Variance between Payroll Activity, Payroll Register, EOFY Verification

Hi, 

It seems like wages total from Payroll Register Report is less than that from Payroll Activity Summary report.

Is there something to do with Termination?

1. when the employee left as a FT ( So i Terminated them in Myob), Later they came back as Casual, so I make them active in the system and update the payrate, etc.

2. Is there a way to see what adds up to  the total wages for each individual from the EOFY Payroll

3. I think half of the employees are having issues. but the rest seems fine

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Experienced User
28 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

28Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I Run the $0.00 pay and sent to ATO through STP, some employee's data still not complete

What if tHi,he Payroll Activity Summary and Register Summary reports

Hi, i have checked that my Payroll Activity summary and Register Summary reports, which they are matched.

Therefore i run the final Pay $0.00 and push it to ATO. but i still have the below issues.

1. One employee , still active, the total is for QTR1 ONLY

2. 2nd exployee,still active, he only have 5k while both payroll reports are correct and has more than 100K.

3. 3rd employee, his last pay before we terminate him is missing from the EOFY Payroll verification total

Could you please help ?

Thank you

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
596 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

596Posts

50Kudos

84Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: I Run the $0.00 pay and sent to ATO through STP, some employee's data still not complete

Hi @nancyq 

I can see that you've posted a few times about balancing your reports, so I have merged your later post with the earlier post so that I can assist you from the most current stage of your troubleshooting. It looks like you initially had problems with the Payroll Activity Summary and the Payroll Register Summary reports not balancing, but that you did manage to get those reports to match later on. 

However, you're still having problems with 3 employees: one shows only first quarter wages, one shows significantly fewer wages than he should, and one is missing a termination payment. 

Now that your Payroll Activity and Payroll Register Summary reports match, I take it the discrepancy is between those two reports and your YTD Verification Report. Is this correct? Generally in AccountRight, this means that one or more of your Payroll Categories are assigned to the wrong ATO Reporting Category, and/or you have a Payroll Category that is ticked 'Exempt' from PAYG Witholding. Both of these scenarios can cause issues with the figures on the YTD Verification Report, as both these scenarios dictate how pay/wage categories are reported to the ATO. 

Please read this article about troubleshooting the above scenarios and let me know how you go on. Remember to try the $0 again if you fix any ATO Reporting Categories and/or 'Exempt' status of any Payroll Categories. 

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post