Fix errors on verification report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PureSpring
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Fix errors on verification report

Hi

When ive printed my payroll verification report, ive found that an incorrect category has been used. How do i go back and change this?

Thankyou

4 REPLIES 4
Emily_B
MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

168Solutions

Re: Fix errors on verification report

Hello @PureSpring 

Could you give me a little more information about what is wrong on the YTD Verification Report? Did you process a pay with the wrong Payroll Category, or did you have the incorrect ATO Reporting Category assigned to a Payroll Category?

If this relates to the ATO Reporting Category assigned to a Payroll Category, you should be able to just enter into that Payroll Category in AccountRight, change the ATO Reporting Category, and process a $0 pay dated 30/06/20 to update YTD totals through STP. 

If this relates to a payrun processed with the wrong Payroll Categories, you would be looking at reversing or deleting that pay and reprocessing it with the correct Payroll Categories. Then, a $0 pay for 30/06/20 to update STP. 

Or, if it's something completely different, please let me know with a few more details and I will be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

PureSpring
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily

Yes I did have a wrong category assigned to an extra tax payment. I have since fixed that with the 0 run. Thankyou.

Now I cant work out or don’t know where to start looking at why my payroll register summary and Payroll Activity Summary balance to each other but these figures don’t balance to the YTD Verification Report.

2 employees are correct but three are wrong. One of those has the correct PAYG and the other 2 have correct Super Guarantee amounts but others figures are incorrect.

I need some help on where to start looking again.

Thankyou.

Emily_B
MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

168Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @PureSpring 

Generally when the Payroll Register and Payroll Activity match, but these two do not match the YTD Verification Report, this indicates there is still a Payroll Category set up incorrectly somewhere. Given that the employees who are off have varied categories that don't balance, it would be a matter of looking into each employee's setup and the Payroll Categories attached to them to narrow down what in particular is affecting their figures. 

Start with running the Payroll Activity Detail Report to look more specifically at these employees and narrow down which categories are causing the issue. For example, if you see that Employee A's Gross Wages are too low, look for a Category or Categories in the Payroll Activity Detail Report which equal the missing balance. Then you can examine those Payroll Categories and see if there is an incorrect ATO Reporting Category assigned, it is PAYG Exempt in error, or something else about the setup is wrong. 

It's then a matter of processing another $0 pay for 30/06/20 to update STP with any changes. Have a look at this article by one of our moderators which walks you through the whole process from start to finish, explaining what to look out for and how to fix it. I'll link a few other helpful articles below in case you pick up on something which may apply to your scenario.

Let me know how you get on with the above and if you are still out of balance after checking the Payroll Activity Detail Report. Note as well that if you do a $0 pay to update anything, you won't see those changes in the Payroll Reporting Centre until the pay has been 'Accepted' by the ATO.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

PureSpring
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you so much Emily. Once i found some categories set up incorrectly and did a 0 run, it has all balanced to one another.

Very much appreciate your help. Thankyou

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post