3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Job Profit and Loss

Hi.

Last Friday I printed a Job P & L report which showed the total profit for the jobs selected in the YTD column.

Today I did the same and the totals are different. I imagine that the year was rolled over automatically over the weekend because the total figures in my YTD column are the same as for the July period.

Is there a way I can capture the total profit for the job even thought it carries over the end of the financial year?

I not, could you please look into creating a column that displays this infomation? I would save me a lot of work.

Kind regards

Kath

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,307 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,307Posts

5,340Kudos

5,787Solutions

Re: Job Profit and Loss

Hi @KathG 

Like the standard Profit and Loss, the Job Profit & Loss report is governed by the financial year and thus can only be run for the current, next or previous financial year that the company file is in.

A report like the Job list report or a Job Activity Summary report could provide you with the necessary information if you are needing to showcase that information for the lifetime of the job (or a period outside of the financial years).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

James
Contributing Partner
5 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Actually, that's not correct. The old v19 and AccountEdge could always show P&L's over multiple years so long as you held onto the old data. AccountRight has a bug - if you create the filters before displaying the report, say 1/7/12 to 30/6/20 it will show the correct info, but the dates that show on the report are wrong.

If you try and consolidated the report over multiple jobs while displaying the report you will get the "Financial year" error. Just display it, then close the report, set up the filters again in the main report window and display. Again, the dates showing will probably be wrong, but the info in the report will be correct.

T'is a bad bug.

James Clarke

James Clarke, BA., Grad. Dip Bus (Acct), PNA.
MYOB Certified Consultant since 1993
Registered BAS Agent
http://www.moneycounters.com.au/
moneycounters@me.com
KathG
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for that James. I'lll give it a try.

Kind regards

Kath

James
Contributing Partner
5 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Kath for the reply.

I've written to my account manager to report the bug suggesting it go to the development team, or at least the beta testing team. He is away at the moment, so I don't expect a response for awhile.

I'm the treasurer of a Neighbournood House in Richmond and we use the jobs over multiple years, both as individual P&L's and Consolidated to work out our income in advance for grants we have recieved. We also run these to the 8 and 9 accounts to keep them clear of our Core income.

I've done this for years with V19 and AccountEdge on the mac and was testing the same idea on Accountright for another Neighbourhood house and found the error. As a precaution I checked the numbers against the Jobs List (Lifetime) numbers to make sure they matched up. They did, so I knew the dates "from", "to" were wrong in Accountright.

So, the moral of the story is that it still does the right thing - displaying a P&L for jobs over multiple years, with wrong dates being displayed and you should check a number or two via the jobs lists and probably even a job enquiry.

In v19 and AccountEdge this only works if you keep all the old data in the datafile, given that Accountright doesn't purge - the data should always be there.

I hope this helps and MYOB sort out the bug quickly. Incidently I was running AccountRight on a Mac in Virtualisation software running Windows 10.

James Clarke

James Clarke, BA., Grad. Dip Bus (Acct), PNA.
MYOB Certified Consultant since 1993
Registered BAS Agent
http://www.moneycounters.com.au/
moneycounters@me.com

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post