Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

Manage Roles - Auditor

MYOB AccountRight 2020.4.2 - Am I missing something ? I would like to have a Role of Auditor who has Read Only access to everything. What is the best way to achieve this ? MYOB create a new Role ?

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,307 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,307Posts

5,340Kudos

5,787Solutions

Re: Manage Roles - Auditor

Hi @GregNSmith 

A new user can be set up within a company file via Setup>>User Access and selecting New user. Within this window, you do have to define a User name, a password if required, and what role the user should have. You do also have the option to make that user a Read only user (top right). It should be noted at this point that users granted the Administrator role are not able to made Read only.

In your case, I would create that user with the user role Accountant/Bookkeeper and make then a Read Only user. This would grant them full-ish access to the company file but in a read-only state. The only things they wouldn't have access to would be Help>>Change Product and Setup>>User Access, but would have full read-only access to the other aspects of the company file.

You also talked about new roles, you can actually create your own roles within AccountRight using the following trick. Navigate to Setup>>User Access>>Manage Roles - right-click on one of the roles and select Duplicate Role. This would duplicate the role selected and thus becomes its own role within the company file and can be given its own privileges as required before being assigned to user(s).

For more information on adding a user please see Set up user access and Set up roles

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

GregNSmith
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

Hello MYOB

How do I grant the Accountant/Bookkeeper Role access to Pay Superannuation and Manage Payments so they can see the details of what is owing and the details of payments made ?
Ticking Pay Superannuation under Payroll in Manage Roles does not achieve this.
BUT we are not authorsing the Auditor to pay any super.

An Auditor Role would be a good idea with access to everything except making any changes and appointing users.

My understanding is that the Accountant/Bookkeeper should be able to make changes - completely different functions. I expect I am not the only one with this issue and we don't wish to give the Auditor the Administrator Role.

Please Help

Regards

Greg 

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,307 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,307Posts

5,340Kudos

5,787Solutions

Hi @GregNSmith 

The company file user access i.e. Setup>>User Access will grant if the user has access to the Pay Superannuation window.

The AccountRight Live user access of that user/their Pay superannuation role would determine what their role is in relation to Pay Superannuation. A Pay Super Administrator with a verified mobile number can go to the Payroll>>Pay Superannuation>>Pay Super Settings>>Your User Roles to edit the necessary information.

Our Help Articles: Changing your Pay Super payment details and Add a Pay Super payment authoriser offers assistance with user access within the Pay Superannuation space.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

GregNSmith
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

Hello MYOB - I will try again as your answer does not address the problem -

How do I grant the Accountant/Bookkeeper Role access to Pay Superannuation and Manage Payments so they can see the details of what is owing and the details of payments made ?
Ticking Pay Superannuation under Payroll in Manage Roles does not achieve this.
BUT we are not authorsing the Auditor to pay any super.

An Auditor Role would be a good idea with access to everything except making any changes and appointing users.

My understanding is that the Accountant/Bookkeeper should be able to make changes - completely different functions. I expect I am not the only one with this issue and we don't wish to give the Auditor the Administrator Role.

Please Help

Regards

Greg 

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,307 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,307Posts

5,340Kudos

5,787Solutions

Hi @GregNSmith

Pay Superannuation offers two login points:

• The company file user access i.e. user role within the company file determines whether that option is available for selection for that user role. For example, if you have Setup>>User Access>Manage Roles - Payroll>>Pay Superannuation enabled then you have the Pay Superannuation enabled within the Payroll Command Centre

• Once that Pay Superannuation option is opened, you would be greeted with an AccountRight Live/my.MYOB account sign on portal. This point that you will use your Pay Super user information. For example, if you are Creator, Authoriser and Pay Super Administrator. If you have not been granted that access you would not be able to see or access that information. 

Alternatively, if you are wanting to just give access to see what is needed to be paid or  has been paid, the Reports>>Payroll>>Superannuation Payments reports would be good ones to use as these showcases the amounts paid and outstanding.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post