16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

My Payroll Activity Summary is different than ATO Summary of payment

My Payroll Activity Summary is different than ATO Summary of payment for one of my staff, who was terminated/re-employed during the financial year 2020, and was paid unused annual leave, workers compensation, and travel allowance. I don’t know which categories were not appear to the Gross payments, and how should I fixing the problem. Please advise.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,264 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,264Posts

246Kudos

356Solutions

Re: My Payroll Activity Summary is different than ATO Summary of payment

Hi @schiatswawater 

If you're  using STP and unsure of what ATO reporting categories should be assigned to each payroll category, we would recommend consulting an accounting advisor.

However, once you have selected the correct categories, remove the termination date from the card file and Payroll Reporting Centre, do a $0 payrun for these employees dated 30/06/2020, wait for these reports to be accepted by the ATO and then check the YTD verification report again. Once everything is correct, you can enter the termination dates again.

If it's still not working, please let us know. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

Thank you for your reply message.

I have checked all my categories which all correct. However, it seems 2 more problems from the followings issues:

1. Migrated File has missed YTD amount. MYOB file upgrade on 18/08/19 had not migrated YTD correctly, and missing four (4) YTD amount:

a). Allowance1,

b). Overtime (1.5x)

c). Overtime (2x)

d) Travel Allowance

Please refer to the attached portion of the staff payslip. 

2. The staff was Terminated on 09/09/19, paid termination pay and his entitlments, was reported to ATO from STP on the pay date. However, staff was re-employed on 26/11/19 again. Since then the STP has stopped counting his YTD amount for the above 4 items from before the termination date 09/09/19, even the termination date and re-employment date were still falling within the same financial year, the MYOB could not report to ATO all the data on file. I assume that once the staff card had termination date, then re-active card has not picked up the information of old termination pay and paid entitlement has gone.

Please refer to the attached portion of the staff payslip.

The MYOB file shows all paid wages of $59,615.83 from the "Payroll Activity". However the ATO "Payroll reporting-employee year-to-date" showing only $53,349.99+$365.98 (allowance), not matched value is $5,899.86. 

I need your help to fix this problem.

Best regards

Sarah

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,264 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,264Posts

246Kudos

356Solutions

Hi @schiatswawater 

If the non matched value of $5,899.86 is from the other software before the employee was terminated and is not showing in the year to date verification report, my recommendation would be taking the termination date off the employee's card and Payroll Reporting Center (if it's still there) and then doing a $0 payrun dated 30/06/2020. Once this report is accepted, check the ytd report to confirm if the amounts are correct.

Generally, if the payroll activity and register reports have the correct data, it means that the ytd figures were brought in correctly for this employee and doing a $0 payrun should send this data to the ATO as well. If it does not help, please let us know. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

Thank you for your reply.

The employee's termination date was off on the employee's card when the employee was re-employed from last year 26/11/19. I have done many payment since then, and also did many times "0" payrun dated 30/06/20. It still not match the ATO report.

The thing is that MYOB's "Payroll Activity Summary" matches "Payroll Category Transactions". All the information are there clearly, from Details or Summary. But just not report to ATO YTD correctly. I am not sure the problems from the file migration or from the staff after Termanation and then re-employed. For example, when the employee was terminated, the STP had reported to ATO on 09/09/19, and the ATO report shown Termination Pay under the LumpSum - Type A 2,811.54. However now the ATO report on 30/06/20, the LumpSum-Type A shows "0". It seemed that since the employee's card re-actived, and continue to make payment, all the previous entitlement disappeared except "Base Hourly, Super and Tax" continued. How can I get those YTD back to correct summary amount? I need help.

I am under a pressure to finalis all my staff's Payroll Repot. At the moment, all my other staff's report are fine, but only this re-employeed staff's YTD amount doesn't not match ATO report. I don't know how to fix this YTD amount problem. 

My accountant is a dealer of Xero, he would not help me on MYOB since I refused to switch from MYOB to Xero. I need help.

Best regard

Sarah

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,264 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,264Posts

246Kudos

356Solutions

Hi @schiatswawater 

Thank you for attaching the additional reports.

This is happening because the termination date for this employee needs to be re-entered in the Payroll Reporting Center in this software to send the Lump sum payment-A amount to the ATO again. In order to do this:

1)Take a backup of your file.

2) Delete this employee's previous termination payment with the Lump Sum payment-A amount and reprocess it.

3) Send this to the ATO.

4) Enter the termination date on the Payroll Reporting Center for this employee and notify the ATO.

5) Check if the reports are now correct. 

Keep me posted on how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

Thank you for your help.

I have done the step 1-5, and checked with the ATO report, there is no changes. It still not match MYOB's Payroll Activity Summary.

What should I do next?

Best regards

Sarah

MYOB Moderator
2,264 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,264Posts

246Kudos

356Solutions

Hi @schiatswawater 

After doing steps 1-3, please wait for the ATO report to be accepted and check the year to date verification report if the figures are appearing correctly. This is because if the final payrun is not accepted before the termination date is entered, the amounts may not appear correctly.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

Thank you for your help.

After the step 1-5, ATO accepted my report, however the report was still not match MYOB PAYG Summary. I also found that the MYOB PAYG summary report was not match the staff card payment details itself either (the staff been terminated, and then re-employed) I think the MYOB report to ATO is based on the staff "Card payment details", not the PAYG Activity Summary/Details. 

I received a backup file from MYOB which the backup date was on 28/06/20 (before the EOF), I was instructed to go to the "employee card", manually corrected the monthly payment on each categories to match MYOB PAYG Activity Summary and the Payroll Category Transaction. Then did zero "0" report to ATO. Now my MYOB PAYG Activity Summary has matched the ATO report.

The trouble was the staff who was terminated then back to work gain, be re-employed within a same financial year. Because once the Terminated date entered, and then card become to "inactive". To re-active the card and re-entered 2nd employment date, I lost some of record on previous entitlement payment, even theses employment status changed within the same financial year. Other terminated staff who not been re-employed have no such problem to match ATO Report.

To fix this lost data on Re-employed card, I have to manually correct the employee Card “Pay History”, the problem is MYBO doesn’t match Payroll Activity report and Card Pay History on the data lost for previous employment paid entitlement.

Thank Komal for your help

Best regards

Sarah

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,264 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,264Posts

246Kudos

356Solutions

Hi @schiatswawater 

I'm glad that you managed to get the reports to match.

However, in reference to your last line of the post, "I have to manually correct the employee Card “Pay History”, the problem is MYBO doesn’t match Payroll Activity report and Card Pay History on the data lost for previous employment paid entitlement", can you please confirm if the pay history is incorrect and which part is it not matching to in MYOB?

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post