P&L Report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
rach2
Experienced User
31 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

31Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

P&L Report

HI,

I'm trying to run a P&L report in Accountright. Whichever date range I enter I receive an error message 'the selected date range is invalid'

19 REPLIES 19
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: P&L Report

Hi @rach2 

When running a Profit and Loss report in AccountRight you do need to ensure that the dates that are being entered fall within the same financial year.

You would also need to ensure that the dates entered are in the current, next, or a previous financial year, based on the file. You can see the financial year your company file is in via Setup>>Company Information. For example, say you are in the 2019 financial year you would be able to produce the reports for 01/07/2018 - 30/06/2019 (current), 01/07/2019 - 30/06/2020 (next), and previous years, assuming a standard Australian Financial year. If you are needing to produce a Financial year report outside of that period i.e. 01/07/2020 - 30/06/2021, you would be looking at closing your financial year. By doing this it will update the financial year and thus allow for those reports to be run. Depending on the current financial year you may have to complete the Close a Financial Year process multiple times.

The other option to closing the financial year is to use the AccountRight Browser interface to run those reports. This should allow those reports to be run without the need of that financial year barrier being in place.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

rach2
Experienced User
31 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

31Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks.

I have closed the financial year 2019 multiple times and 2020 multiple times but still no good.

My company information still says I'm in year 2019 and I still cant run P&L for 1/7/20 to 31/12/20.

Thanks, Rachel

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @rach2 

If you have completed the File>>Close a Financial Year process i.e. select Next, ensure that the Your next financial year line is listing the new year (Your Financial year will be 2020, running from 01/07/2019 to 30/06/2020) before selecting Next and then Close the Financial Year, the financial year should be updated to be the new financial year.

If you are finding the financial year is not updating when completing that process can you indicate what the financial year and last month in the financial year is before the process - Setup>>Company Information and what the values are after the process. Also, knowing whether you are encountering an error message using that Close a Financial year process would be ideal as well.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

rach2
Experienced User
31 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

31Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I have started to get this error message now. 

Then it says year closed and then i try to close the next year and the process starts again.

Thanks, Rachel

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @rach2 

Thank you for those screenshots

We do need to look at arranging for a script to be run over the company file. To arrange for that can you confirm the following information:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local?
  • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is? - Setup>>Company Information
  • What is the company file ID? - Help>>About AccountRight
  • What is the conversion month listed in Setup>>Company Information? To the best of your knowledge, is that the conversion month that the company file was set up with?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

rach2
Experienced User
31 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

31Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

File is on line

file ID 1

Conversion Month July 2019

Thank you, Rachel

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @rach2 

Thank you for confirming that information

I've arranged for the necessary script to be run for you. Do try that process again and let us know how you get on now.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

OliverAva
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have the same issue. Any tips for solution?  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @OliverAva 

It is likely that we do need to arrange for the same script to be run over the company file for you. So we can look at going down that path would you mind confirming the following information:

With the Setup>>Company Information window:

• The conversion month
  • The current financial year
  • The last month in financial year

The date range of the report you are needing to run

In case we do need to look at arranging for that script to be run:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
  • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
  • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post