Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

50Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll end of year not satisfactory

Dear MYOB,

This y/e was anticipated to be simplified but has been the worst experience yet. For next year:

1. Please ensure the software does not have ATO reconciliation issues that need rectification by processing $0 payrolls for no reason at all, after serveral hours of trying to figure the problem out.

2. Ensure the software can allow pays with payment date of 1 July to be prepared prior to 1 July

3. Ensure the software is available for use by opening business hours on 1 July - not 10am.

4. Test your software so any issues are ironed out. i.e. the zero leave balance issue on 1 July - that is "known" 

5. When there are issues - communciate please. Don't make us wait for 30mins on hold on each of 4 calls to find out each of the above issues is "known". Issue an alert, let people know. It's a busy time of year and things may not go perfectly but if we know, we can deal with it.

Thank you. 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Partner
5 Posts
Partner
Australia

5Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll end of year not satisfactory

I agree this has been the most FRUSTRATING payroll year end close ever. I am still trying to close all my clients and have never spent this much time fixing MYOB issues. How can I charge my clients for all the time spent when it is not their fault. I have 10 hours so far unbillable trying to close 7 clients. I still have 2 that DO NOT reconcile with the STP report. Please do not roll out new updates without adequate testing plans in place.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,215 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,215Posts

240Kudos

309Solutions

Hi @Ali6@Stephanie_CCBS,

We appreciate your feedback and I've passed it on to the relevant team. We are aware of the confusion caused by the recent changes in AccountRight. Our Community Forum post Changed end-of-year payroll process: AccountRight 2020.2 has additional information in regards to this.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

I agree - MYOB you should have sent out the emails re FY payroll closing prior to the 30th June, not late in the arvo of 1st July.  This would have avoided the extremely long wait times for telephone support and lots of stress for bookkeepers!

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

@Melisa_D it is not confusion - it is the system not operating correctly. 

Highlighted
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

23Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Is team MYOB really working on it to fix this system error? Need MYOB expert team to confirm on this.

Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

So agree with this. Cannot finalise EOFY report as one employee who was terminated in April has incorrect Gross Payments and tax. Was told they received their Group Certificate in MyGov and it is incorrect. The $0 payroll entry does not work! How can ATO accept the STP but now the EOFY does not balance?? Is this an issue with ATO, MYOB or both?! Not getting any answers and yes cannot wait over hour just to be told it is being looked into.

Why should we pay a subscription fee when system does not work!

They should have not taken away the abililty to fix payroll the way we were able previous years. 

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Have you got answer on how to fix your problem yet as I have the exact same problem.  

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

yes, finally after doing several 0.00 payroll cheques for a selection of employees then without any assistance from MYOB at all (some very helptful community members though!!!) , managed to work out that there is a defaulted tick in the PAYGW box under long service leave expemptions, which is confusing, given it is a double negative, i.e. if the category is NOT eligible for exemption for PAYGW the tick needs to be removed...... then after doing that I needed to do a void or zero paycheque for the individual employee concerned, and, date it in the last financial year, i.e. the actual payment date on the 0.00 paycheque needed to be 30th june 2020...... then I had to wait for the Payroll reporting centre to process it before running a verification report which finally matched my payroll report in MYOB....... what a major disappointment the EOFY has been with MYOB, no customer service, very tempted to shift to another accounting program, as many other disappointed customers have recommended! Let me know how you go, my instructions may be a little disjointed as it is difficult to explain. cheers.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

sorry, i meant if the tick is in the box under exemptions in the long service leave payroll category, it needs to be removed, because apparently, for some rediculous reason, a tick is put in there by the program to say that Long Service Leave does not attract PAYGW, which of course it always would, as I understand it...... so why they do not have the tick NOT in there in the software in the first place I don't know, if anyone does, please explain! So I removed the tick, ran the 0.00 paycheque for that employee, in the last financial year, and all was fine. Another example of a software issue as far as I can see. I feel so sorry for businesses who I read on the community forum have hundreds of employees which had issues around this point and had to run 0.00 paycheques for them all, one poor person had 500 employees that had to be sorted in the way I had to do one!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post