4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Previous Year Profit and Loss

How can I print reports from previous financial years without a backup? Can the information be supplied by Myob?

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,282 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,282Posts

5,333Kudos

5,782Solutions

Re: Previous Year Profit and Loss

Hi @pippackham 

AccountRight 2020.3 will allow the user to display Profit and Loss reports for the Current, Next and Last financial year that the company file is in. The current financial year of a file can be found through Setup>>Company information. For example, if your current financial year is 2020 you would be able to display the Profit and Loss for 01/07/2018 - 30/06/2019 (last), 01/07/2019 - 30/06/2020 (current) or 01/07/2020 - 30/06/2021 (next) - assuming a Standard Australian financial year.

If you are needing a Profit and Loss outside that period, then you would be looking at restoring a backup prior to closing the financial year. 

I'll just note that we are working on expanding that reporting out to remove the financial year governance from some reports like we have with AccountRight 2020.3 release. Clients will see more of this removal of financial year governance from reports in our next release (due out later this quarter).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Emma9
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

You do understand that ATO asks accountants to keep a five-year record, don‘t you? If an accounting software cannot help the accountant to get the P&L and BS easily, why do we use it?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,282 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,282Posts

5,333Kudos

5,782Solutions

Hi @Emma9 

We are looking at removing restrictions for reports governed by financial years to allow users to access those older financial years reports without needing to restore a backup.

Work was done on with AccountRight 2020.3 to remove those financial year restrictions on the following reports, with additional reports,  including the Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss reports, being targetted for future releases:

• General ledger (summary)
  • General ledger (detail)
  • GST (summary – cash/payments)
  • GST (summary – accrual/invoice)
  • GST (detail – cash/payments)
  • GST (detail – accrual/invoice)

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others