Taxable Payments Annual Report - Review Your Transactions only showing invoice date not payment date

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
acc_right_user
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Taxable Payments Annual Report - Review Your Transactions only showing invoice date not payment date

Hi,

TPAR Review Your Transactions uses wrong date field - therefore probably creating wrong TPAR file for ATO

When I go to the Report Taxable Payments button and click through to the Review Your Transactions, the columns include a field called Date.  This shows the date of the invoice - not the date paid.  TPAR must be on date paid, not date of invoice, so it is not capturing any of the transactions entered in June 2019 that were paid in July 2019 like it should. 

The Taxable Payments Annual Report [Detail] report that can be printed out does include these transactions correctly... but this isn't the report that is transmitted to the ATO.

Based on this I think that it is likely that the file being generated for the ATO is not correct.

When you are fixing the ATO TPAR report to include the correct date paid field,  Please also consider including the in the Review Your Transactions section subtotals and totals so that it can be checked against the Taxable Payments Annual Report [Detail] report.

I'd be very happy to find out that I am wrong and it is a user error.  I am not having any issues with yet with the downloading of the report as other are finding.

PS I have chose the AccountRight Live label.  I use AccountRight Premier AU 2020.2.2 

1 REPLY 1
Jesh_D
MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

102Kudos

133Solutions

Re: Taxable Payments Annual Report - Review Your Transactions only showing invoice date not payment date

Hi @acc_right_user 

Thank you for your post. From my understanding, the Review screen will be listing the Bills marked as reportable that have Payments within the year you are reporting. This screen shows the Bills only and not Payments. Nonetheless, the Query used to fetch the right data for the TPAR Report is the same one used for the TPAR File. Only the Review screen is different. Here is a link to a similar post that addresses Q&A on this question in more detail. 

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post