8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Taxable Payments Report

I have asked  before about this problem of the report running for quite a considerable report  and when eventually

finishes ( it takes about half hour to complete) all I can see is two suppliers rest of the report is blank.

We had no problems with v19 so what has happenned to v2020.2 , the problem supposedly was escalated

to the technical people but to date I have received no communication and the problem persists.

Report is due shortly to the ATO so we need MYOB to address this technical issue with some urgency

59 REPLIES 59
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
85 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

85Posts

23Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Taxable Payments Report

Me too...

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,314 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,314Posts

1,066Kudos

901Solutions

Hi @Jeffr1 & @cramptons 

I have some good news for this, we found out what was causing the bug and have a fix coming in 2020.3 which is coming soon.

I'm was assigned to fix this bug and was able to get the report to generate over 50 pages within 30 seconds for files larger than 3GB with the data being accurate each time we tested it. This release is currently with some dedicated testers to do deeper testing and make sure it's definitely ready for release.

When will it come out?:

I can't commit to an exact date/range as I'm not involved in the overall release plan but I do know that there is urgency to release this before the August 28 Deadline.

So what happened?:

Without getting too deep into the technical detail, it looks like this report has not been touched for a few years and 2020.2's database changes seem to change the way certain queries behave, with this query not following the conventions of the new ORM. It was fixed by making sure that we are following the new conventions and while we were at it we also made some optimisations to make it even faster.

How to get notified of the new release?:

Each release should send out an email to those that enabled email-comms with MYOB, but there is also the AccountRight Blog on the Forum that you can subscribe to for when the 2020.3 announcement post comes up you can get an email notification.

I do apologise for the broken report, especially an important one like this, if you have any comments you'd like to make on this feel free to send me a Private Message on this Forum and I'll make sure to bring these up in our post-release meetings for improvement.

You can send me a Private Message by clicking my username then clicking Send Message on the next page.

As a note, I might not be able to respond to each message I get but I do keep each email I get.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | In Tray (Server)
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
Previously Worked On:
In Tray (Front-End) (2019-2020)
MYOB Support (Various roles - 2015-2019)

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

51Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

My issue with the TPAR is that the report and creation of the file time out. 

I hope that you are also fixing the timing out issue on your next update.

I first reported this in November last year! 

Regards,

Eliane

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

I'm experiencing the same problem which as you say, has been an issue for quite some time which MYOB has not resolved. 

Am I only one wondering why we pay for support when we have to wait so long for solutions. 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,190 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,190Posts

88Kudos

113Solutions

Hi @ACorp 

We understand your frustration and we do apologise for the prolonged wait for this issue to be resolved. As noted by Hayden, our product team is working very fast to ensure this is back up and running as soon as possible. That said when 2020.3 is available with the fix I will be sure to let you know via this post.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

I am also trying to lodge the taxable payments file and when it comes to step 4 - create the tpar file - it just says please wait and then sits there for a long time with no result. So I am forced to close the MYOB file & start again with the same result. So I am unable to create the tpar file to send to the Tax Office. This is due shortly - on 28th Aug. Can you please help with this as we would not like to be subject to penalties due to our (Myob's) inability to rectify this? Ringing Myob does not help as I am placed on hold for an unreasonable amount of time with no solution in sight?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

51Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @ACorp 

No, you're not the only one! Had they taken my query more seriously, we wouldn't be here today. 

I was treated with disregard, they were telling me that the file was too big or I had to go through all the cards to inactivate the ones we don't use and check all post codes (which I did). To me it sounded like they were making the problem within my file, rather than a technical problem from their side. 

Disappointing! But let's hope that they fix this promptly.

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hayden,

Do you have a release date? As you are aware, the due date for the Taxable Payments Report is 28th August. 

Highlighted
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have been able to create an electronic report but I don't know how to view it and check all the required information has been captured. The report generated as view Taxable Payments Report only shows the contractors name and each payment, not the ABN or address etc. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post