Partner Zone

AccountEdge - close off financial year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
raineandhorne
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

AccountEdge - close off financial year

Hi Everyone,

I'm using AccountEdge and need to 'Start a new year' so I can do wages for the end of week (being 2/7/21).  If I do this can I still access Payment summaries for 20/21 year?  Of must I do all these first?

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,605 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,605Posts

6,139Kudos

6,666Solutions

Re: AccountEdge - close off financial year

Hi @raineandhorne 

Payment summaries can only be produced for the current payroll year that you are on. You can see the payroll year you are currently in with AccountEdge via Setup>>General Payroll Information - Current payroll year ends 30 June 20xx. For example, if your payroll year ends 30 June 2021 you would be able to do the payment summaries for the 20/21 payroll year. 

If you have yet to close your payroll year i.e. you are still in the 20/21 payroll year, you do want to complete your EOFY tasks - prepare the payment summaries/finalise your STP and then close the payroll year. Once you have completed those tasks and closed the year, you would be free to record your first pay in the new payroll year.

If you have closed the payroll year without producing those payment summaries/finalising your STP you would be looking at restoring a backup prior to the payroll year being closed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post