User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Discrepancy in YTD Figure

Hi,

I am going through payroll activity summary to prepare myself for the EOFY finanlisation. However, I noticed that though all the employees' YTD amount reconcile with their YTD figures reported to ATO, there is a discrepancy between my Payroll total YTD and that shown by ATO. I have narrowed this discrepancy to the following:

1. All pays were reported, but some include child support deduction which is set as Not reportable on Payroll categories. Hence, when the pays were reported, the ATO did not include the child support deducted in deduction, so they were not refllected in the gross payment total at all.
  2. Also, I have an employee who receives an allowance set as Allowance-other in payroll categories. This figure reports as allowance to ATO and does not form part of ATO's YTD figure.

If I add the allowance and deduct the child support to ATO's YTD, the total reconciles with my payroll activity summary for the year.

So, my questions are these:

Do I need to do anything to the child support deduction because it is not reducing the employee's gross total in ATO's YTD?

Is it okay to finalize the payroll with the difference in the YTD reported above?

Thank you.

AIfy.

5 REPLIES 5
gavin12345
Ultimate User
3,827 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,827Posts

1,409Kudos

515Solutions

Re: Discrepancy in YTD Figure

Hi @INO1 

Child Support payments are not deductible and should not reduce the Gross reported for the employee.

Which ATO YTD figures are you referring to? From the ATO or from MyGov? 

You should not Finalise until you are sure everything is reported correctly - you must provide a 'true and correct' declaration to the ATO.

Regards

Gavin

INO1
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your advice.

I was referring to the YTD figure in the EOFY tab on MYOB Payroll Processing centre reported to ATO.

The child support deduction did not reduce the employees gross payment reported to ATO while it is shown in Payroll activity summary as a deduction. Reports to ATO seem ok (total gross reported) just that because it is a deduction in Payroll activity, it reduced the gross reported in Payroll activity causing the said discrepancy.

Is there any need to correct Payroll activity summary?

Thanks again.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
9,791 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

9,791Posts

1,159Kudos

1,480Solutions

Hi @INO1 

The AccountRight payroll reports filter data based on the payroll categories while STP reports use the ATO reporting categories assigned to the payroll categories. As such, you will see some differences between the two reports. This post, Understanding the YTD verification report, has detailed information to assist with reconciling.

Please let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

INO1
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please check the link? It is taking me to Processing Supplier Returns.

Many thanks.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
9,791 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

9,791Posts

1,159Kudos

1,480Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @INO1 

Sorry about that, I did link the wrong post. I've fixed it now and I'll give it to you again here: Understanding the YTD verification report.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post