Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB to ATO error

Hi - nearly 200 Labour Hire Employees - had 2 call today as in their Mygov the ATO has them receiving payments as Sole Traders instead of Labour Hire Employees so they can't do their tax returns poor guys.

Checked set up of employees in MYOB and their "Summary of Payments" which shows Gross Payments

So Obviously Another glitch in the MYOB Report sent to the ATO

Any ideas on how to fix this ?   Or is my only option to spend hours and do another 30 June pay for them and hope it works .....  honestly frustrating - will MYOB pay me the hours to fix this if I can I wonder.

Any help appreciated - thanks

2 REPLIES 2
gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,007 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,007Posts

1,168Kudos

533Solutions

Re: MYOB to ATO error

Hi @Noeline_Charlton 

Check your MYOB file first - see if these employees have either Employment Basis (Payroll Details tab > Personal Details) set as Labour Hire or if Income Type (Payroll Details tab > Taxes) shows Labour Hire.

If the workers are employees, then neither of these should be set to Labour Hire. According to the ATO, Labour Hire should only be used for contractors who work for a Labour Hire business. These should have an ABN not a TFN. Check the ATO website for how these should be set for STP Phase 2.

If they are employees, change Income Type to Salary and Wages and Employment Basis to part-time full time etc, then resubmit an Update event for FY 2022. If they are already set this way, then you are likely dealing with another bug in MYOB's STP Phase 2. Please update this post once you have checked.

Regards

Gavin

Noeline_Charlton
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB to ATO error

Hi Gavin,

Thank you - They are Labour Hire  its reported under PSI and no ABN required.

Finally found directions on the ATO website for these people to use to complete their income tax.

Thanks again for your help.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post