1 Post
Partner
Australia
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

STP & employee additional PAYG withholding amount

I have a number of employees who request extra PAYG withholing tax to be withheld per payrun.

This has been setup as a 'deduction' within payroll categories (per previous MYOB instructions).

When I attempt to finalise the EOFY STP (2022) the 'gross' and 'tax' amounts are incorrect.

Additionally, when attempting to assign ATO reporting categories; none of the options (on the drop down list) are appropriate?

Can someone please help??

Darren Grech

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
11,409 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,409Posts

1,346Kudos

1,708Solutions

Re: STP & employee additional PAYG withholding amount

@Sticks1997 

Hi Darren

Thanks for your post. If you need to deduct extra tax from employee pays the additional amount should be entered in the employee's card>>Payroll Details tab>>Taxes>>Extra tax field. 

To resolve your issue you'll need to process adjustments pays for the affected employees:

1. Go to Payroll>>Process Payroll>>Select the employee and select Next
  2. Select the arrow next to the employee's name to open the Pay Employee window
  3. Zero all values out shown on screen i.e no wages, entitlements, taxes...
  4. Click into the Deduction category and enter a positive amount for the adjustment
  5. Click into the PAYG Withholdings category and enter a negative amount for the adjustment
  6. Ensure that the Net Pay value is $0.00 before selecting Ok
  7. Continue to record the pay as per normal.

What this above process will do is increase the deduction amount (cancelling off what is done incorrectly) and reduce the PAYG Withholding amount (doing what should have happened).

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post