Taxable Payments Annual Report - submission to ATO

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,375 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,375Posts

5,739Kudos

6,327Solutions

Re: Taxable Payments Annual Report - submission to ATO

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2020.3 is still in development and will be available to clients later this quarter.

Information relating to that version will be available through the AccountRight Blog and in-product messaging once it has been released.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Pete1
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Can you give us an update on fixing the TPAR report and file generation issue please.  Are your developers likely to have it sorted by the end of August ?

Cheers

Peter

Angiesh01
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Peter

I noticed that the new 2020.3 Release notes came out today and although it does not mention that they have fixed the TPAR report issue, I rang MYOB and they believe that the fix is included in this release.  It is a bit vague though as the release notes only refer to Bug fixes and stability improvements.  When I asked if this includes the TPAR issue I was advised "they believe so".

Not sure why it is so hard to get a definitive answer from MYOB.  Is it fixed or isnt it?  If the new Release is out why can no one in MYOB confirm this....  so strange and annoying.

Pete1
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for that.

I missed the post that said they were doing an update.   Whoever you rang must have committment issues (won't commit to a definitive answer - that way, if it is not fixed you can't blame them ! )

Cheers

Peter

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,375 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,375Posts

5,739Kudos

6,327Solutions

Hi Everyone

There is a fix for this particular issue with the release of AccountRight 2020.3. This update is currently in the process of our release cycle and will be available to all clients shortly.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Jesh_D
Former Staff
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Hi @AnnetteW , @Pete1 , @Angiesh01 and @Phoenix01 

We have some great news for our clients today: AccountRight 2020.3 is now available on my.myob!

In this release, we’ve resolved the timeout errors that most of our clients were experiencing when attempting to run the Taxable Payments Annual Report. Watch out for the 2020.3 release notes by subscribing to the AccountRight Blog.

We’d like to thank you all for being patient with us as we have worked hard to get this release of AccountRight 2020.3 to you to ensure you can get your Taxable Payments Annual Report in by the 28th. Please do let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Angiesh01
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

So today I started to reconcile my TPAR Report against my Supplier Payments Report.  To cut a long story short it appears that the TPAR Report is generated by the bill date (not the payment date).  To pick up payments for bills entered in the previous year you have to go into the bill and manually tick the Taxable Payments so that these are picked up and appear on the TPAR report.

HOWEVER, if the 2018-2019 Tax year has been rolled over it will not allow you to update these bills to Taxable Payments???  This means that the Report is incorrect!!.

Can someone at MYOB confirm to me that payments made in July 2019 that are for bills entered in the 2018-2019 will not show on the TPAR report and cannot be updated.  If this is the case your Clients need to know this before this report is transmitted to the ATO....

The only fix I can find is to send the ATO the Supplier Payments report (after deleting everything that is not a Taxable Payment) and this depends on whether the ATO will accept this.

Anyone shed any light on this please bearing in mind the report is due to be lodged with the ATO soon!

Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,374 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,374Posts

1,609Kudos

1,911Solutions

Hi @Angiesh01 

When a financial year is closed within AccountRight, if that financial year was not closed in AccountRight 2020.2, all of the entries within the closed year become locked. As such you wouldn’t be able to change anything about those transactions, such as marking them as reportable.

If there were payments that needed to be reported in a now closed financial year, you would need to restore a backup of the file taken before the 2019 financial year was closed. You could then update the necessary transactions to be reportable so that you can submit the TPAR report to the ATO

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Angiesh01
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

Firstly there is no way we could go back to the 2018-2019 datafile back up as we would need to enter a whole years transactions?  How is this a solution?

Can you confirm the following:-  An outstanding bill in the 2018-2019 period which is paid in the 2019-2020 tax year would be locked even though it had not been paid?  I would have thought when you roll over the 2018-2019 the bill which is still outstanding would not be locked as it has not been finalised?  This is what is confusing me.  Why when we rolled over 2018-2019 was the bill purged when it had not been paid?  The only solution I can come up with is that maybe the file was rolled over after the bill had been paid?

Either way we cannot possibly enter say 9 months transactions that would be impossible?  Are there any solutions for this as currently the TPAR report is useless.

Also are other MYOB users aware that this is the case.  They could be sending reports to the ATO unaware of this issue.

Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,374 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,374Posts

1,609Kudos

1,911Solutions

Hi @Angiesh01 

To clarify, when a financial year is closed in AccountRight 2020.1 or an earlier version all transactions in that financial year become locked. This is regardless of their open or closed status, preventing the transactions from being changed in any form.

As the transaction is locked by being in a closed financial year it cannot be edited in any fashion. Outside of restoring a backup the only other hypothetical option from a product functionality perspective would be to record a reversal and then a fresh copy of the transaction in the current financial year. Do note that we recommend seeking advice from your accountant over whether this is a viable option for your situation.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post