Taxable Payments Annual Report - submission to ATO

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Angiesh01
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Taxable Payments Annual Report - submission to ATO

Hi Neil

While this maybe a viable option if there were a few transactions the fact that we are large Contractor Management Company means we are talking hundreds of transactions!

Not only would we need to delete the payment, reverse the bill, enter the payment we would then need to reconcile all the bank entries.

As this report is based on the payments made, why is the report being generated by the bill itself.  Surely the report is generated from the payment made (which is in the current financial year)?  The whole basis of how the report is being generated does not make sense to me?  MYOB already had the Supplier Payment report (which is correct) and all they needed to do was to include ABN, split GST and maybe Address and you would have a correct TPAR report based on payments made and not on the bill being entered and paid in the same year.  Very strange and disappointing as the only option I now have is to enter every Contractors figures manually into the ATO business portal!  I would love to understand why your programmers chose to generate the report this way.

Angiesh01
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

TPAR Report Issues (STill)

So after waiting what seems like forever for the new Release of 2020.3 to fix the TPAR issue ie appears that the Report being generated still has some issues.

The report is being generated by a bill being entered and not on the payment being made ie if you entered a bill in a previous tax year and have rolled over your file for that year then the payment that has been made in this financial year is not included on the Report.  This means that your TPAR is useless and incorrect!

This can be corrected by reversals and re-entries but when you have 100's of transactions this will take hours and obviously needs to be done with care.  

What I am yet to understand is why the report is being generated from the bill entry and not the payment when the report itself is a 'Payments Report".

I just want to put this out there in case any other Clients are not aware and send this report to the ATO,

Soo disapppointed that I have no fix for this and I will have to enter all my payments manually into the ATO Business Portal.  Ugh!!!

Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,374 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,374Posts

1,609Kudos

1,911Solutions

Hi @Angiesh01 

As noted on our help article Reporting taxable payments (Australia only), you do have to tick the option “Reportable Payment” on the bill or spend money transaction for the payments to be able to be picked up by the tpar functionality.

This option is on the bill so that when the payments are made on that bill they are marked as reportable. This is by design as not all payments to suppliers need to be reported through a TPAR report to the ATO. When recording payments, outside of the invoice number there’s nothing contained on that window to help you identify which payments should be reported and which ones shouldn’t.

In contrast by selecting the option on the bill, this lets you ensure that the payments for the created bill will be reportable, based on the ATO’s criteria. Additionally, this will also allow you record a payment of multiple bills to a supplier, not all of which may be reportable.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Angiesh01
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

I do understand why the option to select the payment on the bill however, I am not sure this resolves my issue?  Am I missing something here?

Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,374 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,374Posts

1,609Kudos

1,911Solutions

Hi @Angiesh01 

My previous post was to address your comment about wanting to understand why AccountRight worked the way it did and clarify the information around having to tick the option on the bill to mark the payment as reportable.

Unfortunately, outside of the options previously outlined, being restore a backup or reversing and reentering the transactions, theres no way to edit a transaction in a financial year closed in AccountRight 2020.1 or earlier.

Its worth noting that for financial years closed in AccountRight 2020.2 you are able to make some edits to transactions in the now closed financial year. Do note that this is only for financial years closed in 2020.2. years closed in previous versions will still be locked.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Angiesh01
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Thanks for that.  This is something I will definately check on before rolling over 2019/2020.  As our datafile becomes too large it is something we always have to do to be able for MYOB to cope with its size.  

OMC
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have found that any invoices dated June 2019 but paid in July 2019 are not showing up on the TPAR report.

It seems as though the TPAR report previously went off payment date whereas now in the new update it is going off the invoice date, which is a problem as you cannot reconcile to the taxable payment summary report (detail) as this is using payment dates. 

This report is wrong for the lodgement to the ATO.

Pete1
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Angiesh01, and everyone else in this post,

From everything I have looked at, MYOB generates the TPAR report from the bill date, not the payment date.  
This includes bills already marked as "Reportable Payment".  

Myob does not pick up the correct info to generate the TPAR as per ATO specs.

Questions at this stage:

Is MYOB looking at fixing the problem ( ie getting the report to generate on payment date not bill date)

Will it be fixed before the TPAR is due to be lodged.

If not, can we get an extension from the ATO until MYOB produces a fix.

If MYOB are not fixing - you will need to do a paper TPAR.  ( back to the stone age ! )

Cheers

Peter

Angiesh01
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Peter

According to MYOB the report has been generated according to ATO specs?  So I have been told?  I have found various inconsistencies in the report (not just due to us having rolled over our 2018-2019 Tax Year,.  I have been advised of the fix for this but it is very long winded and comes with some concerns. In so much as we have to reverse and re-enter all of the affected transaction hence exposing errors in the re-entering etc.  As a large Contractor management company for us this is hundreds of transactions.  MYOB have not confirmed or acknowledged that the report is incorrect so not sure where we go from here.  Other than this they have offered no other suggestions on how to extract a correct report.  

At this stage it looks like I will have to use the Supplier Payments report and the Sales report (to extract the correct GST) and enter all the Payments manually into the Business Portal.  This will take hours and also needs to be entered in one go ie we cannot enter some, save and then edit.  Not sure in the end if this will be a viable option either.

Not sure what to do ?

Pete1
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Angiesh01,

From the ATO website - TPAR:

"The details you need to report about each contractor are generally found on the invoice you should have received from them. This includes:

• their Australian business number (ABN), if known
  • their name and address
  • gross amount you paid to them for the financial year (including any GST)."

MYOB definately does not pick what is paid in the TPAR.  When you Go into Purchases / Report Taxable payments  and review your transactions bills that were dated 30/6/20 and paid 31/7/20 are not there (yes they are marked as "reportable payment")

Question for ATO / MYOB:   We need confirmation of ATO Specs.    (Gross amount paid to them for the financial year - as per their website,     or is it Gross amount on invoice - unpaid or not ???)

If we could have something from MYOB confirming ATO requirements, that would be appreciated.

cheers

Peter

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post