Taxable Payments Annual Report - submission to ATO

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Angiesh01
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Taxable Payments Annual Report - submission to ATO

Hi Peter

Sorry am I missing something here?  If the bill was entered 30.6.20 and not paid until 31.7.20 then the payment will not appear on the 19/20 TPAR report, but should appear on the 20/21 TPAR Report?

I have bills entered June 2019 but not paid until July 2019 and they are not appearing on the 19/20 report when they should be.

Robyron
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

From what I recall, the TPARs were introduced in an attempt to kill off the black 'cash' market, i.e. dob in a subcontactor who may have been avoiding the tax system. I was under the impression that those submitting TPARs are not assessed for accuracy, but rather the dodgy tax-avoiding unpatriotic contractors were thereby identified. As such, apart from ensuring all subbies are included, I have not over-stressed about the detail of the reports, I just submitted what MYOB calculated. Am I wrong?

Pete1
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Whoops - my bad.  It should have read

MYOB definately does not pick what is paid in the TPAR.  When you Go into Purchases / Report Taxable payments  and review your transactions bills that were dated 30/6/19 and paid 31/7/19 are not there (yes they are marked as "reportable payment")

( this is for the report to 30/6/20 )

sorry

Angiesh01
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Robyn

If I am sending a Report to the ATO then I believe it is a compliance document and should be correct.  This information will be used to track against Contractors records and any variance maybe audited.  I for one will be making sure the information I report to the ATO will be correct.

Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,374 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,374Posts

1,609Kudos

1,911Solutions

Hi @OMC & @Pete1 

I recommend having a look at the section What about payments made to suppliers after 1 July for purchases dated before 1 July? On our help article Reporting taxable payments (Australia only). This section steps through that specific scenario and how to ensure that the correct transactions are reported on, to ensure that the TPAR report you are submitting is correct from that aspect.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

OMC
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

I understand what you are saying but its not that easy. When you have hundreds of transactions dated June 19 that were paid in June19 these will also appear and we dont want to report on these again. Its a massive job to sit and untick all these transactions. 

Is anyone from MYOB able to explain why the TPAR report has been changed to report on invoice date and not paid date? Changing this back to how it was would solve all our issues. this is what needs to happen.

@Neil_M wrote:

Hi @OMC & @Pete1 

I recommend having a look at the section What about payments made to suppliers after 1 July for purchases dated before 1 July? On our help article Reporting taxable payments (Australia only). This section steps through that specific scenario and how to ensure that the correct transactions are reported on, to ensure that the TPAR report you are submitting is correct from that aspect.

Thanks

Phoenix01
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Very strange.  Mine is reporting correctly.

Pete1
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your response Neil.

This confirms that MYOB agrees that the ATO wants amounts paid, not invoiced for the financial year.  TPAR reports on invoiced amounts and we need to manually adjust to make the report meet ATO requirements.

The method you gave is very labour intensive.  Not only do you need to pick up the ones invoiced in 18/19 but paid in 19/20, you also need to remove the ones invoiced in 19/20, but were paid in 20/21.

Also when you review the transactions (say 18/19 (paid 19/20)),  you have to drill into each invoice and have a look at the history to work out when the invoice was paid.  You  can then work out if to put in the TPAR or not.

My  suggestion for the MYOB developers - please make it so TPAR looks at when the invoice is paid NOT the invoice date.  At the very least, put in a column in the review that lists the payment date - replace the word closed with a payment date. Wven that would speed things up.

Angiesh01 could have trouble with the above if the transactions cannot be changed.

All in all, not an easy process.

cheers

Peter

Angiesh01
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

This does not work if you have rolled over your accounts... Thats the problem.

Angiesh01
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Peter

Exactly.

I am not sure why they did not just take the Supplier Payment Report (already available) and make it TPAR compliant ie add in the ABN, Address, Name etc.

Baffles me??

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post