Partner Zone

Urgent!-How to report a employee who was terminated with ETP piror starting STP?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
GJ1234
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Urgent!-How to report a employee who was terminated with ETP piror starting STP?

There are four employees who were terminated with ETP payments piror to we commencing STP reporting.

I understand we need to send them payment summaires instead of reporting them through STP, however do we need to report to ATO for these four employees through EMPDUPE file? So under preparing payment summaries step 6- I selected these 4 employees, however when I go to step 7 (Verify your payroll information), this report includes all employees which is not right as I only need to report 4 employees.

So if I send the EMPDUPE file with all employees to ATO again, will it duplicate the amounts as I have also fanlisted the other employees through STP already? How can I only report 4 employees to ATO?

Thanks,

Stella

4 REPLIES 4
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,248 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,248Posts

716Kudos

1,153Solutions

Re: Urgent!-How to report a employee who was terminated with ETP piror starting STP?

Hi @GJ1234 

Thank you for your post. You would not have to do the payment summaries for the terminated employees. Instead, you can report them through STP by taking off the termination date from their card and then doing a zero dollar pay for them. They would then appear in the EOFY tab in payroll reporting center for STP.

You can follow the detailed information on the link given below:

http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/SsM6Ag

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

GJ1234
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Urgent!-How to report a employee who was terminated with ETP piror starting STP?

But from the article:

If you terminated an employee during the 2018-19 financial year before you started using Single Touch Payroll, you might need to prepare a payment summary. This depends on whether the employee’s final pay was an Employment Termination Payment (ETP) or not.

If the final pay:

• included an Employment Termination Payment (ETP), you won't be able to report this to the ATO through Single Touch Payroll. Instead, you'll need to provide them with a payment summary. See prepare payment summaries.
  • didn't include an ETP, (for example, their final pay only included unused leave), you'll need to follow the steps below to report their payroll details.

Those four employees were teminated before we starting STP reporting and their final pay included an ETP so we don't be able to report this to the ATO through STP. Is this right?

So I have to report them to ATO through EMDUPDP file, right? As their final gross amount under "final submission" is wrong, however they are correct on the payment summaries.

Thanks,

Stella

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,248 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,248Posts

716Kudos

1,153Solutions

Hi @GJ1234 

Yes, that is correct. If you have issued ETP, you would have to do payment summaries as mentioned in the article. 

To include just those 4 employees in Step 7 of the Payment Summary Assistant, you can untick all the others for which you have already reported using STP.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

GJ1234
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the reply,

However I am under step 7 "Review the payment summaries" and I only ticked 4 employees, then click "next", the payroll report in step 8 still included all the informtaion, not the 4 employees. 

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Stella

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post