Partner Zone

Wrong Financial Year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PingH
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Wrong Financial Year

Hi, Im new to MYOB Accountingright Premier.

Current product using is Accountingright Premier AU 2021.5.2

My company profile set a wrong financial year. 

Current financial year should be 2021: 1 Jan 2021 to 31 Dec 2021. 

Last financial year should be 2020: 1 Jan 2020 to 31 Dec 2020.

Entries for 2020 have been key into MYOB and also 2021. Any advise if we change a new financial year without any affect any entries in MYOB?

As this will affected the P&L report, also unable to generate the report for 1 Jan 2020 to 31 Dec 2020.

Capture1.JPG

Capture1.JPG
3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,564 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,564Posts

5,993Kudos

6,505Solutions

Re: Wrong Financial Year

Hi @PingH 

Closing a financial year in AccountRight company files can be actioned in the Desktop application through File>>Close a financial year.

In your case, due to the setup of your file you want to complete that financial year rollover process twice. The first time, you will be given the following window - giving you only January to select as the Last Month in the financial year.

Capture 3.PNG

Once you have completed that financial year rollover, you want to complete the process again this time updating the last month of the next financial year to be December and the required financial year period.

Capture.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

PingH
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, 

I've entered some entries 2020 in myob but yet to be finalized.

If I close financial year 2020 in MYOB, will this affected my entries 2020 cant be edit/ delete / add new entries?

If we close financial year 2020, is financial year 2020 date can be re-adjust to 1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2020?

As we hope that P & L / BS report can be generate from 1 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2020.

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,564 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,564Posts

5,993Kudos

6,505Solutions

Hi @PingH 

AccountRight 2021 allows users to edit, delete and change transactions in a previous financial year.

Once complete the process outlined in my previous post, the financial year would be January to December allowing you to run reports for the financial year (January to December).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post