API Endpoints for Foreign Currency

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Marcus_Wolfe
Experienced Partner
24 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

24Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

API Endpoints for Foreign Currency

Hi,

can I please have an update on the availability of endpoints for Foreign Currency details in the API? According to the MYOB page on working with foreign currencies, FAQ, this is due in Q3 2019, which finished yesterday.

Is there a page anywhere that provides any details of what endpoints and data will be made available? There is a page "Updates coming to AccountRight Live" with a link to http://developer.myob.com/api/accountright/multi-currency but that page doesn't exist. Alternatively can you please tell me whether I will be able to create a Spend Money Transaction through the API, in a foreign currency, and either a) set a custom exchange rate and/or b) read both the local and foreign currency transaction values after the transaction is created, so I can make journal transactions to balance both currencies?

(The usage is: we spend money in NZ using Australian credit cards and create Spend Money Transactions through the API. We need to make both currencies in the transactions exact, to reconcile the credit card balances and report the NZ expense and GST.)

1 REPLY 1
Marcus_Wolfe
Experienced Partner
24 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

24Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: API Endpoints for Foreign Currency

Hi Everyone, I'm replying to my own post, I heard back from the myob developers and apparently it's been decided that there will be API access to foreign currency transactions but there's no plan or indication of when. My advice is, just forget it, then be pleasantly surprised when it happens. You will be a lot older by then, obviously.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post