API Internal Server Error (500) since late last night

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ian4101
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

10Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

API Internal Server Error (500) since late last night

I'm getting a (500) internal server error since last night (23-4-2019 23:20 hours).

Nothing has changed at our end and the API calls are working for another company file - but not this one. I can access the MYOB file through the AccountRight Native application.

An ApiCommunicationException was returned when calling the MYOB API. Error Information: . RequestID: ###. Status Code: InternalServerError. Exception Details: Exception: Encountered a communication error (https://ar1.api.myob.com/accountright/###/Company/). Inner Exception: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

12 REPLIES 12
CameronScott
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Australia

4Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: API Internal Server Error (500) since late last night

We are having the same issue, seems to be only one file also, all other files continue work work as before. 

Ian4101
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

10Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

I found a correlation in that we had 2 registered applications set up. They both use the same code to address the API but the the fault is happening on one application only. The other seems to be happily talking to the API end point. I also tried re-authorising the company file and am getting the following: "We have encountered some issue with the request, please try again later or contact your app support

• invalid_request"

cheers,

Ian

Ian4101
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

10Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

It appears that updating the file to 2019.1 has addressed the problem. So the circumstantial evidence is that the API couldn't talk to a company file in 2018.3 format.

Hopefully that also helps you @CameronScott 

CameronScott
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Australia

4Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks for the update @Ian4101 will give that a go! 

OMS
Contributing Partner
23 Posts
Contributing Partner
Contributing Partner

23Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi guys

Same symptoms for us as reported by @Ian4101 (thanks very much for creating the thread) 

@CameronScott Did the action suggested by @Ian4101 work for you?

@Ian4101 has anyone from MYOB confirmed or corrected your theory? Surely 2018.3 is still a supported release? 

CameronScott
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Australia

4Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @OMS, I am still waiting for my client to update their file. I have confirmed that are definatley also on 2018.3 where all our other clients are on 2019.1. Will let you know as soon as I get feeback from them that they have updated and I can test.

Ian4101
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

10Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Re your question @OMS, I got a response suggesting that the (internal) error message they were seeing for the API call was that the file was possibly corrupt (in the unreadable sense, not the paperbag payment sense, I'll refrain from mentioning famous politicians). So not conclusive, in my view. I'll update this thread if I get any more info from them.

I'll be interested to know if the upgrade to 2019.1 works.

CameronScott
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Australia

4Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Ian4101 and @OMS I can confirm that upgrading to 2019.1 has solve the problem for us with the file in question. Not sure if the problem is just the version or if the upgrade somehow 'fixes' the file. Seems a bit strange that none of the 2019.1 files have had any problems and we have quite a few of them...

Ian4101
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

10Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

I've marked this as solved. I think we're 99% confident the error is to do with the API hitting a version 2018.3 version of the AccountRight Live file - so the solution is to update the file to 2019.1. The Support team at MYOB have been responsive (with thanks) and are looking into it. If I get any more updates I will share them here.

Ian

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post