Contributing Partner
Buda56
Contributing Partner

18Posts

0Kudos

3Solutions

Re: Access to Entitlement History

Hi,

It would look like there is no solution to this as there is no end point to access history, under the current API you are limited to the entitlements as a cumalitive value.

There are numerous things missing from the API and as there doesn't seem to be a road map from the developers there's no way to know what will be available or what to expect.

Regards

Peter 

Contributing Partner Buda56
18 Posts
Contributing Partner
Buda56
Contributing Partner

18Posts

0Kudos

3Solutions

James,

Yes our orginal upgrade file we used for testing was 950MB, we have since cleaned up and it is now 280MB and we are using the server version (the server is only used to host MYOB).

I will re-review the topics again to ensure it is optimised to it's fullest.

Regards

Peter

Ultimate Partner Mike_James
3,785 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner

3785Posts

1594Kudos

466Solutions

Hi @Buda56, what size of file do you have, and for payroll reports, how many employees? Is your test file local or in the cloud? A test in the cloud is worthwhile - I am starting to see comments from MYOB partners that speed in the cloud is better now for larger files.

There is a timeout extender available on request from MYOB which may help you get your reports out.

I expect you have read and applied all the relevant topics from the help notes relating to performance.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

18 Posts
Contributing Partner
Buda56
Contributing Partner

18Posts

0Kudos

3Solutions

Mike,

Thanks for your comments, I have sent some enquiries to the Developers but it takes them 3 days to respond. We have found the API to be seriously lacking in its ability to access information (particularly compared to the ODBC drivers).

We are in the same boat, we have reports developed on data supplied by the ODBC drivers that we cannot re-produce using the API and this is stopping us from upgrading past out current version (V19) of MYOB.

We are running a test version of 2018.2 to develop against and have found it to be extremely slow compared to V19. Trying to run basic reports from within the new version of MYOB just time out.

Regards

Peter

Ultimate Partner Mike_James
3,785 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner

3785Posts

1594Kudos

466Solutions

Hi @Buda56, we are also finding that the payroll endpoints in the API are lacking, and the numerous custom payroll reports that we have prepared cannot be reproduced at present in AccountRIght Live. This prevents the client from upgrading.

I recommend you write to developers@myob.com and highlight your requirements, as we will be once the pressure comes off our own STP report project.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

18 Posts
Contributing Partner
Buda56
Contributing Partner

18Posts

0Kudos

3Solutions

Triboss,

Thanks for your comment,s I have looked at and pulled cdata from all of those Endpoints, unfortunately none of them give me access to the data that I need. I am unable to find any Entitlement History or anything that resembles that, Employee Payroll Data only shows current data, entitlements etc. .

This is really diappointing..

Regards

Peter

Trusted Partner Triboss
67 Posts
Trusted Partner
Triboss
Trusted Partner

67Posts

40Kudos

9Solutions

These are the endpoints available in the API:

http://developer.myob.com/api/accountright/v2/

Unfortunately I don't believe there is 100% parity with the old ODBC drivers and I don't believe custom lists are exposed by the API.

You may (or may not) be able to do something with these endpoints, but no guarantees as I'm not sure of your requirements.

http://developer.myob.com/api/accountright/v2/contact/employee-payroll-details/

http://developer.myob.com/api/accountright/v2/report/payroll_employee_pay_advice/

18 Posts
Contributing Partner
Buda56
Contributing Partner

18Posts

0Kudos

3Solutions

Access to Entitlement History

Hi,

With the ODBC drivers you have access to Entitlement History and other data like custom lists etc, this does not appear to be trhe case with the API.

I am redeveloping a reporting app we currently use with V19 that utilises the ODBC drivers, to do this I need access to the same data that the ODBC drivers have, can you please confirm that this is possible and I'm just missing something in my setup or configuration when coding.

I am developing against the Desktop API. This is quiet urgent as we have a current exemption from the ATO and are pushed for time to get this resolved.

Regards

Peter

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post