AccountRight 2020.2 SE API Company File ID keep changing each day

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Chaan
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight 2020.2 SE API Company File ID keep changing each day

We rely on Id of Company Data File to connect to local/network AccountRight API to read and write data. Since upgrade to 2020.2, Id of company data file changing everyday. It breaks link between our applications and MYOB API. We need urgent help to fix this issue. Please note, there is no restore, nothing. Id just kept changing everyday.

Annotation 2020-06-19 112515.png
6 REPLIES 6
PowerMyobBI
Partner
117 Posts
Partner

117Posts

5Kudos

4Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2020.2 SE API Company File ID keep changing each day

@Chaan  Interesting are you sure this is the case? Do you backup and restore your file everyday?

I noticed an ID change only occurs if the data file is changed ie. restored from a backup or upgraded from old version.

I dont use the ID for this very purpose but i will check the id tomorrow on some sites and confirm if you like. My preference is to use the record id or you could use the name to reference the entity required.

I have clients on the latest server edition of MYOB AR 2020 and they power bi/excel to query the API.

See also Mikes post here

https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-API-questions-and-answers/Randomly-Changing-Company-IDs/m-p/65782...

Chaan
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for response. It does, every 24 hours and no one restoring anything. We got Windows 2019 server dedicated for MYOB AccountRight SE 2020.2 with latest patch. I had to give up relying on ID. Using LibraryPath instead.

timtomasko
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

+1

I too have this issue. 

Same deal, API link keeps breaking due to URI change. - No file restores, copies etc taking place. 

Can anyone at MYOB provide any reasons behind the random URI changes? 

PowerMyobBI
Partner
117 Posts
Partner

117Posts

5Kudos

4Solutions

@timtomasko  the URI contains the file ID. so are you referring to the File ID changing...

I havent seen this issue so I dont think its the ID changing.

Private message me if you want to discuss further. Cheers

Garry

timtomasko
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply, PM Sent

Pamela_Pitt
Partner
2 Posts
Partner
Australia

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

We have exactly the same issue.  We have just moved MYOB and Ostendo to a new server.  On the old server, no problems but on the new server the iD of the company file changes every day and breaks the link between the two programs.   This is a serious problem for the client 

What is causing this to happen?

cheers

Pam

@Chaan wrote:

We rely on Id of Company Data File to connect to local/network AccountRight API to read and write data. Since upgrade to 2020.2, Id of company data file changing everyday. It breaks link between our applications and MYOB API. We need urgent help to fix this issue. Please note, there is no restore, nothing. Id just kept changing everyday.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post