Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Authentication Issue

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
2 REPLIES 2
Partner Pierce
3 Posts
Partner
Australia
Pierce
Partner

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Authentication Issue

Great thanks for the explanation Keran I apprecaite it, that should work fine.

Former Staff KeranM
231 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
KeranM
Former Staff

299Posts

94Kudos

56Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Authentication Issue

Hi there

OAUTH is a standard way of granting permission between services to ensure data integrity.

For your flow I'd imagine this sort of scenario

Administrator (setting things up for the first time) logs into your solution (I'm guessing you have built some web dashboard/interface to your solution) and from there they click a "Connect to MYOB"

This redirects them to the MYOB login, where they login and grant permission for your application to read their file. (or in this case, for your web sales platform is granted permission to read to your accounting file)

At this point our system will give you a code that you exchange for ACCESS TOKEN & REFRESH TOKEN

You use the access token and store the refresh token.

For all future activity first:

* check if access token is still valid (it lasts 20 mins)

* if expired, refresh it using the refresh token

* make the calls you need to enter the sales invoice into MYOB

You only need to complete OAUTH the first time you connect the two systems - after that, it uses the tokens for authority.

Hope that helps. 

Should you have any further questions - reach out to our team developers@myob.com and they'll help you more

Keran McKenzie
Futurist in residence @MYOB

Are you a developer? Check out http://developer.myob.com
Looking for an Add-on? Check out http://myob.com/addons/

Twitter: @myobapi | @keranm
Highlighted
Partner Pierce
3 Posts
Partner
Australia
Pierce
Partner

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Authentication Issue

My company has a MYOB AccountRight Live Premier licence, we have an in house developed web application with a storefront and currently orders are handled through our payment system and upon payment, sales are posted automatically to our Saasu account and invoices are automatically sent to the clients through Saasu.

We are moving from Saasu to MYOB and everything is transitioned over except this piece of functionality, but looking at the MYOB APIs I'm having some trouble. It seems that to post sales to our company file and have invoices automatically sent to customers through MYOB APIs I need to use OAuth - this is not ideal as the company file I want to access is our own file, when a user makes a purchase I obviously can't send them to an authentication page asking for my own companies authorization details so the company file can be accessed. 

Am I understanding this wrong? How do I achieve this workflow:

User makes a purchase on the site -> user completes payment -> sale is entered into our myob file -> myob generates pdf invoice we email it to customer -> customer is shown a completed purchase screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated, cheers.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post