Auto build Inventory Item via API

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Roy152478
4 Posts
User
Australia

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Auto build Inventory Item via API

Hi Guys

AccountingRight Premier Live

I am developing a platform that allows creating item sale invoices in bulk via API. Some of the items is "order to made" and inventory tracked with auto-build configured. Normally when creating the invoice manually in the MYOB, if the item has 0 on hand, then the auto-build window will be prompted to ask whether you want to Build or Buy or Back Order the item. It keeps returned "Inventory_InsufficientStockMultipleLocation" error when the API creates an invoice that contains an out-of-stock item (even the Auto Build) is configured. 

I contacted MYOB API team, and they have confirmed that Auto Build is not accessible via API.

My question is:
Does anyone know if there is an alternative way to create an invoice for out-of-stock items (with inventory track) via API?

or

Any marketplace app that will do the job?

Thank you!!

2 REPLIES 2
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Re: Auto build Inventory Item via API

Hi @Roy152478 

Unfortunately the API throws an error if an stock item dips below 0 - no way around it - i.e. AccountRight permitting negative stock in AccountRight Enterprise - no longer exists.

Is ther an alternative - not really  -  the API cannot handle it - the only way I could think of is pre-building a certain level of stock with autobuild - and have your API give you a sensible warning that the autobuild item is low on stock.

I am sure this is possible as a workable solution - or your API tells you how many items of the autobuild you need to manually build - tells you to do it and checks there is enough in stock.

The limit is the API - and it does not have an auto-build endpoint - so there is no way to force the issue.

The Doc

Roy152478
4 Posts
User
Australia

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Auto build Inventory Item via API

Hi @The_Doc 

Thank you for your time and suggestion

Didn't find your answer here?